Kingdom Hall is packed

by Junction-Guy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Most of the halls I went to had very little parking, and often people had to park in neighbouring lots or on the street. I assumed it was by design, to make it look like the kingdom hall was a "happening place" to the locals. It also gave the membership the illusion of being in an expanding organization.

W

• frozen one
    frozen one

Isn't Dec 30th the day when the elders put on their dark robes and lead the congregation in ritual sin? Ring any bells? Then they sacrifice a new born to the real true god Baal? Its been a long time since I went to a hall. Am I remembering this correctly? Or maybe the CO was in town.

• frozen one
    frozen one

duplicate

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was late Sunday afternoon, likely after the regular boasting session. I doubt that there were really that many people out in field circus, unless the hounder-hounder is cracking down on that. More likely, since the hounder-hounders and hounder-hounder-hounders leave on Sunday evening for the next congregation, it is a funeral or something like that. Just another infomercial about the Kingdumb.

• blondie
    blondie

1. funeral

2. wedding

3. visiting missionary/bethelite with a talk or slide program

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Charity auction? Food drive for the homeless? BLOOD drive? AA meeting?

• Mary
    Mary

Maybe Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were finally resurrected and are giving a slide presentation.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Huh, that's funny. I noticed the same thing yesterday at my local KH! I drove past it at about 3:20 and cars were just leaving at that time. Usually the meeting is over at 2:30. I couldn't stop wondering what would make people stay an additional 45 min. There were too many cars in the lot to be an elders meeting - unless they made every male an elder?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit