alt

• seawolf
  • changeling
    changeling

Awwww...

changeling

• Scully
    Scully

The worst pain I have ever had was post root canal. It ranks even worse than natural childbirth.

Get yourself to the hospital, there are usually dental surgeons on-call for these kinds of things.

Tell them you are rating your pain at 25 out of 10 (10/10 is supposed to be the worst pain you've ever experienced) and that nothing you have done is helping, and that you did not get any follow up instructions from the dentist that you visited.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

He should have given you some Happy Pills. If he did not you need to call and request a perscription ASAP.

A pulled tooth should not be a pain the ass (or the mouth).

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((A-K))))

Man I feel for you! I have nothing more to offer you in the way of help that wasn't already said, I was going to say rinse with salt water, dry socket ect...but I'm glad you're going to another Doc on Monday. Until then dope yourself up on meds and rest!

I had no idea that going to the dentist could be pain free until I moved away from our family dentist of over 20 years and went to my current husband's dentist. I have apologized to all my kids for putting them through the family dentist!! I seriously thought you were supposed to hurt after a cleaning! grrrr!

Now I almost look forward to going and I always ask for the gas no matter what I have done! I love that stuff! Anyway my gums don't hurt afterward as this Dentist is so gentle I never have any kind of pain afterward, well maybe a little discomfort but nothing to keep me up at night over.

Hope you feel better soon!

• myababes
    myababes

You poor thing I really sympathise. A few years ago I had a tooth extracted a couple of days before a circuit assembly. I was in a lot of pain but still managed to soldier on as you did to the assembly. However the pain was so bad that my hubby had to take me to the A&E dept as I was in so much pain. They xrayed me and actually admitted me as the infection had got into the bone and I had to go on IV antibiotics for 3 days to clear it. That was because I had developed a dry socket and the infection had spread, so please please don't leave it get some emergency attention as soon as possible. The only benefit is they gave me an injection that worked instantly of voltarol so I had instant relief. Don't know what they call it in the states but sure they have some equivalent.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

reminds me of a root canal I had years ago - they forgot to give me pain med and I didn't think about it until the novocaine wore off. Worst pain in my life - I could understand why people kill themselves to get out of pain. Had to go to the dentist's office in the middle of the night for pain meds, and had to go back for another novocaine shot, until the pain med finally started working. I hope you went to the emergency room.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit