What is the official belief about DFed ones?

by sosad 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• monophonic
    monophonic

really sucks.

sending good vibes your way. jws and wtbts surely do have a way of being the polar opposite of christian philosophy that they claim they're preaching.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Please, please tell the Doctors in the hospital about his fears, and why.

Tell them he is being held accountable to a decision he made when nine years old and has no help from his parents...only guilt because of this decision and that he fears being destroyed by God, a teaching of the loving WTS.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry to hear about your brother...

I could only find this rather dogmatic quote from the older Revelation book. I do not have a new one to see if they changed it.I doubt it.

re

chap.10p.50par.13Abhorringthe"DeepThingsofSatan"***

Those who have succumbed to this wrongful female influence will also suffer great tribulation—the sorrow of being disfellowshipped, cut off from the Christian congregation as though dead. Unless these repent, turn around, and are accepted back into the congregation, they also face physical death by "deadly plague"—at the latest, in the great tribulation. Meanwhile, restoration is possible if they fully repent of their wrong deeds.

However, I doubt if most Witnesses would apply a blanket rule in this case and I am sure that any formal enquiry would get an ambiguous answer.

If your parents consulted an elder who was experienced and sensible they would be told that no one can make up Gods mind for him and salvation belongs only to the Almighty. Your brother has even expressed a wish to be a Witness again so there should be no argument that God would remember him, like the criminal on the cross stake next to Jesus..(In the context to WT teachings)

B B {reverting to Elder mode]

• flipper
    flipper

SO SAD- I'm glad you are able to assist your brother at this time . I'm so sorry you are going through this and I feel for your brothers pain. You have our support and good thoughts . Try to tell your witness mother to sedate her emotions in favor of helping her son

• sosad
    sosad

Fisherman - can you please direct me to the "more current" literature?

I spoke with my parents and brother today and I am unsure at this point who is more psycotic

the good thing is that the psyciatrist want to meet with my bothers parents and my sister and I

bad news is now that he is stable he is no longer committed and is able to check out of the hospital if he wishes

• tula
    tula

The disfellowshiping action taken by the congregation is merely the confirmation of what has already taken place in the heavens. These visible agents of God [the elders] merely acknowledge what Jehovah has already done in heaven. (emphasis added)

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/disfell.htm

in United States v. Lee 455 U.S. 252, 257-258 (1982), the California Supreme Court found that "when a person is subjected to coercive persuasion without his knowledge or consent... [he may] develop serious and sometimes irreversible physical and psychiatric disorders, up to and including schizophrenia, self-mutilation, and suicide."

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/thought_reform.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit