Opinion - What % of JWs are hardcore Kool Aid partakers?

by Gregor 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

The recent thread about the 1975 after effects (fall off in members) got me to thinking about the ratio of hardcore, "can't kill 'em with a stick", Witnesses to the marginal, "spiritually weak", followers. For all the backtracking and double talk old Freddy caused the GB with his 1975 'vision', they learned a lot about the make up of their followers and were reassured that they have a hardcore majority base that will always be there. My guess is it is around 80/20. I think scary world events probably improves this ratio temporarily.

• skyking
    skyking

I think about about this all the time, what is the %. I have asked several Elders if the Governing body told them this is the last test if you are loyal you and your family will live in GODS promised 1000 year reign. The Governing Body said to Go home and kill your wife and kids the final test of loyalty would they do it? I have had a few that refused to answer but I have also had a few say without hesitation YES!!!

I was told by the Bothers on a committee meeting if the Society said my right hand was now my left then from that time on it was.

Back to your question without a doubt in my mind at least 30% are the Kool Aid partakers.

• davegod
    davegod

"without hesitation" That is sad!

• south african beef
    south african beef

It always used to bother me when I wa 'in' that some seemed like model witnesses and others were really on the edge and getting away with it.

I always knew that many took a relaxed view of things but kept going to meetings and participated in field service to keep up appearances.

I think that 20 - 30% are hardcore and belief hook line and sinker everything that is taught from the platform. Unfortunately my parents are definitely in that catergory.

To illustrate: even though Wittos are allowed on juries, my mum said that she would rather go to prison than serve on a jury. When I asked why, she said that we must not judge our fellowman. I said that only applied to cases where the death penalty could be the outcome but she took it much more literally than that.

Shame.

SAB

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..80%..Drinking 2..Coffin And SmokingCoffin And Smoking..Would Happily kill themselves for the WBT$...........Think about how many Jehovah`s Witness`s willingly kill themselves by not taking a Blood Transfusion..And..How many are ready to die,if the occasion should arise...........................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I think that at least 50% are hardcore - anything they are told to do by the GB they will and without any thought.

I think that if the GB were to actually preach a date for Armaggedon and request a meeting to await the end together - and during that wait, the koolaid was handed out - I believe that 80% would take it without question. I say that only because the additional 30% will be guilted by the 'what if' scenario and make the choice to sleep out Armageddon.

I think only about 20% would have the strength to refuse and even then, their head would spin like a top as they kept asking themselve 'should I - shouldn't I'?

I only know of about 2 JW's who would walk away - the rest wether marginal or not at times, would definitely take the koolaid. Isn't that what the prize is after all?

sammieswife.

• TooBad TooSad
  • garybuss
    garybuss

I think there's a distinction between belief and compliance but not a difference. I don't CARE how many believe . . . How many comply? I see 100% complying.

Belief doesn't hurt them or us. Compliance and support does. I see support and compliance without belief and support and compliance with belief all accomplishing the exact same thing.

• ninja
    ninja

they are mind controlled victims as we also once were........I keep telling myself that

• Robert7
    Robert7

I would say maybe 20% TRULY believe it. 50% believe 'a lot' or 'some' of it, enough to just 'trust' that it's Jehovah's organization. 30% go out of just doing the motions. Support the family, keep up with friends, and out of fear of armagedden and death, but really don't belive it that strongly. I fell into the last category :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit