What if You Could See 10 Years Into The Future?

by new boy 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• new boy
    new boy

Isn't life crazy? I just spent 30 days selling Christmas trees. I set there in the rain and cold playing Christmas music helping people buy their tree...blessing each and every person who did...

I looked up into the sky and wondered where I will be 10 years from now. Then it hit me...what if 10 years ago I looked up into the sky and asked the same question....

Then I got the vision of me selling Christmas trees....Wow that would have been a mind blower...

So my friends, it goes to show you...It might just blow your mind to know where you will be 10 years from now....what your doing and who your doing it with!

The question is would you really want to know?

NB

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I woldn't want to know - I'd obsess over when the Big Tunring Points were occuring and When Is It Going To Happen. Kinda like waiting for Armageddon - again.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Hmmm, let's see, ten years ago, I was living just a short walk from the beach in Dana Point, California with my wife, Rosie, and had recently received a raise to about $45,000 a year. Less than a year later, I decided to go back to the cult and managed to turn around all of the major advances I'd made since leaving originally in 1992. So, right now, I'm back in recovery mode and before long, I'm sure I'll surpass where I was in '97. But I can't complain. If things hadn't happened the way it did, I might not have re-discovered my love for writing. I might not have realized how many stories are knocking around inside of me. I might not have met all of the wonderful people I've met here at JWD. So, while I wish I would never have gone back to the cult, I'm proud of the person I am today.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

No I do not want to see the future. I like to take one step, at a time.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I would not want to see. I like riding the roller coaster with my eyes closed.

momz

• kifoy
    kifoy

(posted in the wrong thread – note to self: don't read two treads in the same time)

kifoy

• Quandry
    Quandry

I think I already can..see..it.....wait......more wrinkles.........sagging.............no! NO!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

• kifoy
    kifoy

Don't think I want to look ahead, but looking back I would never have guessed where I am today.

kifoy

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

New Boy, what would it accomplish if you could see 10 years ahead? Would you have studied harder and tried to be a better JW knowing you were moving towards selling [gasp!] Christmas Trees!? Or would you have moved more quickly to get out of the WT since you knew you were headed that way anyway?

I just don't know what purpose it would serve for me personally. I am not sure I would live my life any differently if I knew. Even with the best of intentions we are still humans, after all.

• new boy
    new boy

Good Girl

I'm not saying looking ahead is a good thing....I just find it funny and ironic thats all..

In fact it would scare the shit out of most of us to see into our futures. Our minds just couldn't handle it.

I found something that is going to happen to me in 2013....I'm not sure I'm ready for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit