What if You Could See 10 Years Into The Future?

by new boy 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

New Boy, what is it? In 2013? What's going to happen to you?

I find this topic to be very intriguing. I do see your point though that none of us would have guessed 10 years ago where we would be today. My parents who are diehard JW's did not see this coming either. They were supposed to be in the paradise before I even reached middle school! (And I have been out of middle school for quite a lot of years now.)

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

If the "slave class" can't truely SEE it (without a godly opthomologist) then I guess I'll pass. Have you ever watched the movie "The Butterfly Effect" (yes I know it's a big theory but the movie is much easier to process)?

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm rehab ?

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I know just where this is coming from, I had the SAME surreal thoughts on Christmas day, watching my boyfriend play on the new Nintendo Wii with my boys, in a room full of Christmas decorations.

If I had looked forward from even 5 years ago I would have thought I'd entered a parallel universe! I didn't know him then, was married, and a good pioneering JDub and obviously not a christmas card in sight.

I would like to look forward another 5 or 10 years, sometimes it would be good to know how things are going to turn out before you waste loads of time and energy attempting them!

And also to check out the last 5 years lottery winning numbers

Poppy xx

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Well, it would either depress me into oblivian, or give me hope all would be ok. Either way, it would lull me into inactiveness as every decision I would make would bring out the question "is this what will get me into that state in ten years, or not?".

So no, I'd rather not know.

• sinis
    sinis

In ten years 80% of the population will be dead. Live life now because tomorrow we may die...

• Twitch
    Twitch
    The question is would you really want to know?

Nope

• Purza
    Purza

I am in a much better place now - then I was 10 years ago. I hope that my life continues on its current path as I am very happy where I am right now. However, I wouldn't want to know today where I will be in 10 years. Just want to live and enjoy my life over the next 10 years and beyond.

Purza

• Maddie
    Maddie

No I wouldn't want to see 10 years into the future. I might not like what I see and then I've got to live with it. Not a good way of going on to my way of thinking.

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit