Were You Ever Into Bible Prophecy?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I wasn't. I thought most of the stuff was ridiculous!

• minimus
    minimus

I hated the bookstudies and Watchtowers that dealt with prophecy. It was stooooopid.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

yea..i hung around for 20 years cause I liked the sex ed topics...........

~Hill

• blondie
    blondie

I really didn't deal with the doctrinal issues. I was more concerned how people were treated and how it handled when people were treated cruelly, gossipped about, lied about. Jesus didn't say that his disciples would be identified by their religious doctrine but by the love the showed. By the time I was in my 10th congregation and seeing the same unloving behavior, I knew it was time to leave. Took only 3 months. Of course, then they wanted to "show" their love by calling and dropping by, people who hadn't talked to me in years. I was treated better by atheists, protestants, caholics, bahai, muslims.

Blondie

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

They don't really count as prophecies, in my opinion.

Prophecy, n: Knowledge of the future (usually said to be obtained from a divine source)

Or according to the Devils Dictionary:

PROPHECY, n: The art and practice of selling one's credibility for future delivery.

What good is a prophecy if you can't figure out what it's 'predicting' until after it's passed? (And then need a two year verse-by-verse explanation on top of it.)

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I hate to admit but ---- TOTALLY. I used to love Rev Grand Climax Daniel etc - did not like stuff like family life book or Greatest Man book

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

To clarify - with one exception. The worse book ever written which I still to this day have not read fully because it is so difficult to read abd understand BABYLON THE GREAT HAS FALLEN: GODS KINGDOM RULES

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I too was fascinated with the Revelation book, I remember being at the DC when it was released. Also the King of the North, and the King of the South prophecies from the book of Daniel.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I hated the watchtower articles with bible prophecies. I think the ones about Ezequiel were the worst. And all the bookstudies about Daniel and Issiah I missed half the meetings because they were sooooooooo boring....

• changeling
    changeling

No. I found some of it interesting (the book of Daniel for example), but most of it was dull and far fetched (conventions fullfiling angel's trumpets blasts and such).

When we studied the Isaiah books at BS I thought I would shoot myself! Talk about boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit