JW family doesn't see me, but got together with my ex....WTF!!!!

by babygirl75 14 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Just need to vent...

Over the weekend, I let my 9yr old son go visit his dad and then he had to be back home to spend x-mas eve & x-mas day with me. So anyway...I call to talk to my son on his cell and he tells me he is at a friend's house playing with his two cousins. Now the two cousins are my sister's kids and they live in Atlanta. So I say "oh, I didn't know they were up here" and my son says yeah and auntie ___ (my older sis) is too. (she also lives in Atlanta) I ask where his dad is, thinking maybe his dad dropped him off with my sisters and would come back, but no....his dad stayed and hung out with MY sisters and MY brother-in-laws all flipping weekend while I didn't even know they were in town and they haven't bothered to call me in forever!! It's fine they don't want to see me or talk to me, but add insult to injury and hang out with my ex, who was a horrible husband to me!!!

My husand is going to meet my mom & dad this morning to let my son spend a few days with them. My ex called my son last night and said that he was planning on coming by my parents to spend time with him. Oh hell no...I'm about to call mom now and lay my foot down that they need to show me some respect and not allow him to have an open invitation to come over. Even if he is JW and in so called "good standing" I don't give a shit...they are my parents and need to show some respect as to my feelings! Do you think his parents or family would let me hang out with them? Wouldn't want to, but NO WOULDN'T HAPPEN...

Just don't get it......

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree that you have to lay down a law with your folks. It seems pretty minor, but really it's not.

You have whatever arranged visitation in place. It might sound nice that family and ex all get along,
    but they are all JW's, and that makes this a bad situation. Exceeding his visitation by visiting while
    the kids are with grandparents allows the JW family to make you the bad guy / evil apostate in the
    eyes of the kids.

You have to set your own boundaries that work in your situation. I would tell my parents they lost
    their unsupervised visitation privileges because of this. I don't like kids being left with JW's. Maybe
    that won't work for you, but lay a law down for them, and tell them that violating your requests causes
    them to lose their own visitation.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I know EXACTLY what you are going through. My parents PAID for my ex and his wife to fly to OK with my daughter (who is beiing raised as a JW and lives with them). They have a boat there and they all went out. I was so mad because you JUST DON'T DO THAT! When I brought it up, their excuse was they wanted my daughter to be able to see her cousins and have all the grandkids together...problem is....their other grandaughter was home with me. I guess they don't count her. When I was just out to visit my grandparents....my parents didn't even come see me or my youngest daughter....and they were only 3 miles away. It is so sad and infuriating!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Yep, with the jw, you either worship the same as them or you simply don't count. It doesn't matter whether you're family, were best friends at one time, or have any other emotional ties. I'm still weeding out those conditional love tendencies out of my brain.

((((((((((((babygirl75))))))))))))

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I'm so sorry to hear this, but as we all know "loving kindness" is not a household word with jw's.

The beatings will continue.

NMG

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I'm so sorry, Baby Girl, that sucks. I'm sure it hurts so much!!! I don't have any advice but just wanted to say something to you.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Man that is crap. I feel so angry for you. It is those kind of stories that just PISS ME OFF!

• changeling
    changeling

I'm so sorry. It's just not fair at all.

((((((((((((((((((babygirl)))))))))))))))))))

changeling

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

((((((((((((((((((((((babygirl75)))))))))))))))))))))

I agree, set the boundaries and don't allow them to overstep them.

nj

• avishai
    avishai

Having worked with kids for years, I know that it's harmful to let them hang out with folks that shun a parent. I'd get a court injunction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit