Horrible Apostates fall into Jehovahs Trap

by Jim Dee 29 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I thought it was "impossible for God to lie". Perhaps instead of calling it "the truth" they should call it "the lie".

Cog

• penny2
    penny2

Really makes it sound cult-like, doesn't it. And the rank and file just lap it up.

• davegod
    davegod

I hope someone tells the CO that this type of behavior is not in line with God's character per the book of James where it says that God doesn't test anyone. I've ALWAYS had a problem with the sifting out of the weak. Shepherding calls are to encourage the weak, the pioneer assistance program is to assist the weak, so why don't they just get rid of these arrangements and the weak will just fall off by themselves. If God doesn't want anyone to be destroyed, as the bible says, then why would he promote a lie just to get rid of the weak? Wouldn't he want to win them over into his fold instead of pushing them away? Somebody's lying, either the WTBS or the bible, because it can't be both ways.

Wonderful logic! It is all lies, all of it. The shear fear of disassociation is the single most powerful tool. The seperation of loves/loved ones is both vicious and cunning. A wolf in sheeps clothing comes to mind.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If the CO is refering to the account at John 6:51-71...

(John 6:53-56) 53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.

There is no parallel account in any of the other gospels to this event, so we just have the word of one witness on this. Also, he used this strategy how many times to sift out the weak? Okay, so Jesus did this once, maybe. So, why has the FDS used this 'sifting strategy' about a dozen times with the word "generation" alone?

According to the Greatest Man book, two stories later, came this account...

(Matthew 15:21-31) 21 Leaving there, Jesus now withdrew into the parts of Tyre and Si´don. 22 And, look! a Phoe·ni´cian woman from those regions came out and cried aloud, saying: "Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David. My daughter is badly demonized." ...28 Then Jesus said in reply to her: "O woman, great is your faith; let it happen to you as you wish." And her daughter was healed from that hour on.

29 Crossing country from there, Jesus next came near the sea of Gal´i·lee, and, after going up into the mountain, he was sitting there. 30 Then great crowds approached him, having along with them people that were lame, maimed, blind, dumb, and many otherwise, and they fairly threw them at his feet, and he cured them; 31 so that the crowd felt amazement as they saw the dumb speaking and the lame walking and the blind seeing, and they glorified the God of Israel.

Okay, so if the FDS has the authority to 'sift' like Jesus did, why can't they heal like Jesus did? And we don't need the 'spiritual' healing line. I think the real spiritual healing occurs at places like here at JWD.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I'm lost..what's the current take on the generation doctrine? I just know the last one. That it wasn't a literal generation, etc.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Somebody's lying, either the WTBS or the bible, because it can't be both ways.

BINGO..........well said Shopaholic.........loved what you wrote!

• Quandry
    Quandry

" We thank Jehovah that those faithful have stood by Jehovahs organisation whilst this great sifting work has been undertaken and that only those who are faithful and have the new edition of the watchtower are blessed to know Jehovahs real plan" stated out CO on his visit this weak

I don't think I get it. Are they saying that all the previous explanations of generation were just a way to test the faithful? But didn't those who claimed to have "special knowledge from God" explain what generation meant before?

Can you straighten me out on this? What does this CO mean?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I wonder if the March Stubby, er, Study edition will tell us... "According to the measurements of Jehovah's Stone Witnesses, the Egyptian Pyramids, Armegeddon is coming either this October, or next October, or the October after that. Any that don't accept this new light are going to burn in a special hell that we've just discovered in a new chapter of Revelation that was unearthed in Pittsburgh. Yeah, really."

lmao...........loved this!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I get it the, old double switch-aroo. What a God! Well fool me once ....

~Hill

• freydi
    freydi

http://www.paradisecafediscussions.net/showthread.php?tid=2777&page=3

"I am convinced that the notion there was going to be a great ingathering of true Christians into one religious organization in the last days is a misunderstanding of Scripture. The parable of the wheat and the weeds appears clear that the real and the counterfeit co-exist in the same field, not separated, right up until the conclusion of the system of things. The parable says that its superhuman angels that do the separating, not preaching works done by the very persons that are included IN the group destined for the separating.Part of what I believe is happening in the JWs organization is that dissenters (like myself) are being led by the holy spirit to figure out what’s going on and either separate themselves or for whatever reasons try to stay but eventually are discovered to have dissenting views and are kicked out in the interests of “protecting the flock” etc. Leadership at the WT are behaving exactly like the evil slave of the parable by beating their fellow slaves because the Master is delaying. Since it’s the WTs own dogma that keeps saying that the Master will be showing up any day now it is necessary to beat the slaves into believing it with new “generation” light etc or by removing anyone that asks too many questions or that won’t accept the party line explanations. I believe the 1914 doctrine exactly fits the Scriptural descriptions of false signs and wonders and that we are seeing the outworking in the WTs teachings in Satan’s ministers appearing as ministers of righteousness. I know this could hit some raw nerves here but that’s my conclusion. The Lord said no one would know when he would return thus the need to be ready. JWs are coming up on 100 years of being in eager expectation per the 1914 doctrine and it should be no surprise that people are getting suspicious. To keep the preaching hours numbers up is the reason the WT now accepts “field service” time in 15 minute a month increments. While under the guise of helping the elderly feel they are value add in the alleged global preaching work in the last days etc, the 15 minute thing is really an accounting trick to keep the illusion alive in the minds of the rank and file. I’m guessing that countries like Mexico and other third world countries will help keep the headcounts up since these places customarily have large families. So if the parents can be brought “into the truth” then the kids generally come along too so this can give the impression of new converts when really it’s just normal population growth and not door to door preaching work that is causing the perceived increase. It’s like a pyramid scheme where you have to find new fools to fleece to replace the fools already fleeced in order for the pyramid to stay erected. I know all this sounds real hardball but that’s how I see it. One estimate I read was that 50% of JW youth leave the WT after reaching adulthood. On the positive side the wheat and the weeds parable opens up a whole new way of thinking about who will get the chance for everlasting life. I was in a business meeting the other day and while looking at the faces of the persons in the meeting I flashed “the Lord is going to offer these people everlasting life”. Most people who confess Christianity are not nutcases like most of us are. They simply believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior just like the Scriptures say. I like the idea that the Lord knows who his sheep are – wherever they are as far as this organization or that organization – or like many of us – no organization – and will instruct the angelic reapers to not miss a single one. God has allowed Satan to deceive people into believing hellfire and trinity doctrines etc, but surely he looks more on a person’s motive and love and acts of kindness in his appraisal of the deluded masses of mankind. Ignorance is very different from wickedness I believe, and God can easily undo ignorance any time. So the sheep are out there, wherever they are, despite they are no longer associated with the WTs official headcount. I know quite a few right here!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit