New Experience: I went to a Christmas service at a church Monday night....

by WingCommander 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hmike
    hmike

This may be the most wonderful, uplifting thread I've ever read here!

• justhuman
    justhuman

It is a great experience attending to the Christmas Service. My first one was at the Cermony of the Burial of Jesus at the Greek Othodox Church, and I was really amazed by it, by the Byzantine music, and how the Church focus in Jesus.

This is the all point, that the Church should focus on Jesus, something we never had being a JW's. Unfortunately for the average JW has no clue what Christianity is all about. WT's dogma is contemning the other dominations that they are Babylon the Great, and their "pagan" and their "non biblical" teachings. Being a JW it was a world of Black and White. No other colours, or shades of grey.

In fact this is what we ex-JW's that turned Christians we are telling about. The WT stands in the place of Jesus and this is IDOLATRY. Most of the Churches they are asking to seek for a personal relation with Jesus, and ask Jesus to enter our lifes. And this is the most wonderful thing for us who have seek Christianity.

WT is preaching about a God full of wrath that will destroy everyone that does not subdue to the WT commandments, and this has nothing to do with the message of Christ that came to save the world, not to judge it. Yeah for real Christians Chrismas is the message of Love, and the ultimate expression of God's love to send his Son for us. We are honoring JESUS. Not an Organization or a pagan celebration as the WT claims that we are doing.

We are Honoring the Son, as we Honor the Father, and NO one can condemn us for doing this...

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

"that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him." -John 5:23 Good point, Just Human. Even witnesses worshiped Jesus somewhat till around the mid 40's to 50's. Why not? The angels do (Heb 1:6) I also went to a Christmas Eve service. There were candles there also. About ten minutes before it was over, they turn out the lights and the attendants lit their candles off of the advent candle. They then light the candle of the people on the end of the row, who lit their neighbors, etc... This, in order to show how Christ is the light of the world and through people carrying his light we become light bearers ourselves. It was very nice.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I've noticed that in the JWs, the "kingdom" comes WAY before the King himself.

"The coming government is going to fix everything. Jesus? yes, yes, he's involved."

• blondie
    blondie

carla, I have been to other churches where Santa did play a part. This pastor goes out of his way to emphasize the Christ child and to eliminate Santa at the church. He doesn't prevent others from including him at their own homes or outside the Church.

Blondie

• Honesty
    Honesty
    This was the message of the sermon given, that this day symbolized the day of Christ's birth, even though it may not be the exact date, but that it He was born into the world as a sacrifice for us ALL, and of all the people he was born among he was born among the lowly shephards, not kings or queens. There was also a message of hope, to come to God and Jesus as you would come out of darkness in tunnel towards the light. It was a moving sermon, and the entire service, ritual, sermon, communion, singing, etc last about 1.5 hours. It went quick, probably because of it's newness to me. When it came to take communion I was nervous, as I honestly don't feel like I'm worthy, but I did it anyway for the sake of doing it, "In remembrance of me," as Jesus commanded his disciples to "Keep on doing." Wing Commander

I attended my very first worship service outside of a kingdom hall on January 16, 2005.

Been going to the same church ever since (except when I speak to other church congregations about the cults that attempt to draw Christians away from Jesus) and every service is new because the message is new.

Nothing like the message I received at the kingdom hall...

the Faithful Slave is providing...

the Faithful Slave is approved of by Jesus...

the Faithful Slave is seeing to the master's interests...

The JW's are immersed in IDOLATRY and are so blinded by satan that they will never see unless they go to Jesus in paryer which the cult says is idolatry so most JW's are afraid to go to Him.

JWism - the ultimate apostate religion.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Honesty you are absolute correct

The JW's are immersed in IDOLATRY and are so blinded by satan that they will never see unless they go to Jesus in paryer which the cult says is idolatry so most JW's are afraid to go to Him.

JWism - the ultimate apostate religion

Indeed JW's are the Universal Heretic Cult. In the Orthodox Church they are labeled like that Universal Cult. The reason is WT has gathered ALL the wrong "teachings"from various psevdo-christian cults and they have make a completely new one. They are indeed incredible!!!

They do not accept the Deity of Jesus, the Holy Spirit as the Third Person of the Trinity,because they are unable to understand this for their narrow minded brains, they have turned humans into animals because of the soul. Even Jesus talked about the soul in the parable of Lazarus when he was taken by the angels to heaven, while the rich guy went to Hell. But of course Hell is the place that a person is way from God's presence and that is a torture. Since we are talking about spiritual situation here no one knows what exactly is. Again because they don't have a Biblical scolarship, and none of the GB knows Greek, they twist the Bible in order to fit their teachings!!!

Jesus said that they will be false prophets and even they claim that they are Jesus!!! The Governing Body of the Watchtower indeed have taken Jesus place, and they are standing upon Holy Ground that they shouldn't. Without them NO one can read the Bible, think, act according to conscious, exist. They are condemning other Christians that they are idolaters, but they are the ultimate Idol of false religion.

What we are doing at our 'apostate" religions? WE ARE PRAISING JESUS...like the angels did when he was born, the shepperds, and the same did in St.John's Revelation, the Elders, the Great Multitude, the 144,000 are worshiping Jesus. Because without Jesus there is no life. I'm the way and the Life He said.

He also said woe to you scribes and pharisses because you shut the doors of the Kindom in Heaven before men, beacause you cannot enter, and you do not allow others to enter...What modern class of Scribes and Pharisses are shutting the doors of heaven? We all know who they are: They are the Elit Club of the WT called Faithfull and Discreet Slave. All those years they shut before us the Kindom of Heavens, by keeping the 2 class Christians doctrine. Jesus said that if you do not eat my flesh in drink my blood you there is no life within you. Now we know why did the WT all those years kept away from us that privelege to be with Jesus, and condemn us to be apart from our Lord Jesus.

For a real Christian this is Chrismas. The joy that the King came to the world so we can have LIFE and forgiveness of our sins. He is our Savior, and that is why we are so happy this time of year, and again we will be crying and feeling sad at the passover, and we show our grief with fasting, and prayer, and Eucharist, because of the trials and pain that He has been trought.

Only if you get humbled then you realize what Christianity is all about. When I go to a Church I lay down my knees before Jesus Christ Holy Icon and I cry for my sins and I ask Him to forgive me in Judgement day, because I do not deserve to be called a servant. But I know that He does not consider me like that, but he is my Friend, and I can call Yahweh, Father, because I'm now a child to Him and NOT a SLAVE like before when I was at the WT, calling Him Jehovah. He was called by the Isralites like that, because they had a Master/Slave relation, and this is the relation that JW's have today.SLAVES...

But they are even in worsed situation...they are slaves to a banch of False Prophets who take the place of Jesus in their lifes and they have been misleaded by the Devil, so that makes JW's Slaves of the DEVIL..

Merry Chrismas everyone, God bless you all...

• bert
    bert

If the Angels rejoyced,were happy,partied even,,,what sense does it make to nit-pick about the actual month and day of the event. It is the INTENT,the OBJECT OF YOUR LOVE that matters. We have been released from a DEATH SENTENCE. Be happy,be very happy. Churches celebrate the event. Most are upbuilding,they empower you to be a better person.We are all worthless yet here God has said we are not !!! The Watchtower line we are all so familar with is depressing. It does not raise you spirits or hope,just the opposite. Pick a simple church or better go to several and hear the real word preached...no 1914 B.S. and pushing mags and books door to door. ITS A FREAKING GIFT PEOPLE>>>LIKE AS IN FREE. You cant EARN it. it is free..if you believe and simply reflect that belief.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit