Anyone else glad to see x-mas over?

by eclipse 40 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I just wish people would act the same ALL YEAR AROUND.

As a child, that was my greatest wish. That was one of the things that drew me to the JW's. They convinced me they had the year round spirit! LOL.

Sylvia

• seawolf
    seawolf

I always feel isolated and 'insecure' when civilization has ground to a halt because of a holiday.

lol I'm not the only one that feels that way I see! It's a really strange feeling when I go to the mall to see a movie and the cars are in front of the theater while EVERYTHING else is totally empty. I feel like I stumbled into some apocalyptic movie and everyone died and I'm the last one around.

I work in retail so, yes, I'm glad it's over for another year. 6 weeks of Christmas music is enough to make anyone crazy.

amen! When I worked at the mall during Christmas that sure cured me of wanting to go to the mall during christmas! The music just makes me cringe now.

I went to the mall during this season for the first time in years and years. I had a hot Israeli women drag me to her booth and shine my nails so I guess this trip to the mall was worth it.

• *summer*
    *summer*

I am glad it's over only because I am a terrible creature of habit. Yesterday felt like a Sunday all day. And even today, my internal compass is not doing too much better. Can hardly wait to get back to the routine:-)

But it was nice to serve Christmas dinner

And it will be nice to eat turkey leftovers until the next Christmas

OK...time to concoct that turkey soup now. Why don't you come over for a bowl, Eclipse? Soup is good food...warms up body and soul*

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Nope I love christmas just sucks that it fell on a tuesday this year

• beksbks
    beksbks

Only because now I get to plan for next year!!

Actually, the future MIL is coming out here in about 3 weeks, and we are going to do it again. I wonder how the tree will hold up..............

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I loved to see my little brother's and sister's face when they opened up my presents. It was great.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I missed almost all of it due to a migraine but I am glad it's over. Just think in less then 11 months the whole mess starts again.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes!!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well trying to buy gifts is a real pain in the ass for me, how the hell do I know what to buy someone, and subtle hints don't work for me, so I just give money and say buy something after christmas when it's cheaper. Other than the fact that christmas is way too comercialized (one reason I don't watch comercial filled tv very much), it wasn't too bad this year. But yeah glad that it is over, and settling back to normal life.

• Satanus
    Satanus

yeah, me too.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit