How do angels and demons influence mankind?

by onacruse 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

God loves His children as does the mother of nature (Gods wife) We're in His image afterall! So I like Wicca with Godess and God speak and I am cool kneeling to both as I am to any woman I fancy! Anyhow this spirits dempon shit! I kno my mum & dad Love me absent any human on Earth (I'm talkin the ones puttin all life here) Wiccans taught me this! And I can stand in a dark cellar and ask any demon or Satan himself to come stand in my face and tell me what all this life shit is about when I just want a happy corner to get on in. If Satan did turn up and angry with me I would say 'Take me out sucker coz I mean no harm to you' And I would die on those words. But nuthins ever happened and if I hear noises or whatever, unless a devil blows me away I'm still here. with my own ideas and losing the fear. Shoulda been in this place aged 6 is my regret!

• Exterminator
    Exterminator
    I find it impossible to believe that man is just some sort of mindless puppet, standing around waiting to be possesed and controlled by warring 'puppet masters' (Angels and Demons).

As if the governing body wasn't enough.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Demunz can only influence those who are under satan's power.

The Watchtower is so concerned about demunz because the leaders know who controls the cult.

• Exterminator
    Exterminator

Brooklyn doesn't like to share control. They warn you against those lurking competitors, that's all.

• blondie
    blondie

I always wondered that too since the WTS says that Satan and the bad angels can't read minds, but they can watch what you do and hear what you say I supposed. But how do they influence anyone? How does he put things in our mind as the WTS says he does?

*** w03 6/15 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***Does Satan the Devil have the ability to read the human mind?Although we cannot be dogmatic, it would appear that neither Satan nor his demons have the ability to read our thoughts.

Consider the descriptive names ascribed to Satan. He is called Satan (Resister), Devil (Slanderer), Serpent (synonymous with Deceiver), Tempter, and Liar. (Job 1:6; Matthew 4:3; John 8:44; 2 Corinthians 11:3; Revelation 12:9) None of these descriptive names imply that Satan has the ability to read minds.

By way of contrast, however, Jehovah God is described as "the examiner of hearts." (Proverbs 17:3; 1 Samuel 16:7; 1 Chronicles 29:17) "There is not a creation that is not manifest to his [Jehovah’s] sight," declares Hebrews 4:13, "but all things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of him with whom we have an accounting." Not surprisingly, Jehovah has granted the ability to examine hearts to his Son, Jesus. The resurrected Jesus declared: "I am he who searches the kidneys and hearts, and I will give to you individually according to your deeds."—Revelation 2:23.

The Bible does not say that Satan is able to search men’s hearts and minds. This is significant, inasmuch as the apostle Paul assures us that Christians "are not ignorant of [Satan’s] designs." (2 Corinthians 2:11) So we need not fear that Satan has some extraordinary ability of which we are entirely unaware.

Nevertheless, this is not to say that our Adversary cannot discern our weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Satan has had centuries to study human behavior. He does not need to be able to read minds to discern what patterns of behavior we set, to observe what entertainment we pursue, or to listen to what things we talk about, and so forth. Our facial expressions and posture may also give clues as to what we are thinking or feeling.

By and large, though, Satan uses the same devices that he used in the garden of Eden—lies, deception, and misinformation. (Genesis 3:1-5) While Christians need not fear that Satan will read their minds, they do have reason to be concerned about what thoughts Satan might try to put into their minds. He wants Christians to become "corrupted in mind and despoiled of the truth." (1 Timothy 6:5) Little wonder that Satan’s world has unleashed a flood of corrupting information and entertainment. To withstand this onslaught, Christians must protect their minds by wearing "the helmet of salvation." (Ephesians 6:17) They do this by filling their minds with Bible truths and avoiding unnecessary contact with the unsavory elements of Satan’s world.

Satan is a formidable foe. But we need not have a morbid fear of him or his demons. James 4:7 assures us: "Oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you." If we follow this counsel, we will be able to declare, like Jesus, that Satan has no hold on us.—John 14:30.

*** w62 7/1 p. 415 Questions From Readers ***

Can Satan and his demons read our minds?—M. C., United States.There is nothing in the Scriptures to indicate that Satan and his demons can read our minds or thoughts. Rather, the implication of the Scriptures is that only God can read the mind of man: "Mere man sees what appears to the eyes; but as for Jehovah, he sees what the heart is." Further we are told regarding God: "There is not a creation that is not manifest to his sight, but all things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of him with whom we have an accounting."—1 Sam. 16:7; Heb. 4:13.

However, most likely the demons can, because of higher intelligence and better powers of observation, note what is in the mind of man because of his actions and facial expressions. Thus when a man goes contrary to Matthew 5:28 it may be apparent on his face, and so one could tell what is in his mind even though being unable to read it. So they may take advantage of weaknesses that one makes evident and tempt him to sin.

This underscores the importance of right thinking and dependence upon Jehovah. When wrong thoughts enter the mind they should be rejected at once; they should not be entertained, opening the way to sin. (Jas. 1:14, 15) Rather, draw close to God through prayer and meditation on his Word, because in this will be found protection against wrong desires and against the temptations of the Devil and his demons.—Jas. 4:7, 8; Phil. 4:8, 9.

How to they tempt, take advantage if they cannot speak to humans, even the "bad" ones, using them to influence others..................................

Good question.

Blondie

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

that answer [about why there is evil in the world] involves unseen spirits, agents of evil.

Then still Jehovah is not all that powerful if he can't reign in a few bad spirits. He can only suffer the evil in the world through His own choice.

I have yet to see any bad act that didn't have a perfectly human explanation - no spirits required.

I've seen Light many times but only seen Dark as the absence of Light, not a personified evil.

I don't recall ever seeing the WTS profess that angels influence our lives, only Satan and his Demons.

Thanks for the WT postings, ATJeff and Blondie - I hadn't realized that Satan couldn't read my mind. I guess I can get through life with a poker face, then! I wonder, though...can they see in the dark, like my cat?

• minimus
    minimus

This is a subject I recently talked to my mom about. I believe Witnesses give far too much credit to The Devil. HE is on the same par as Jehovah God, to a JW. The big difference is Satan seems to be anywhere and everywhere at the same time! If he's formenting trouble on one side of the world, at the same time, he supposedly can personally attack you---and you---and you too!

Yet, he is a single angel. He cannot be in 2 places at the same time. Period!

And the more people continue to populate the globe, the harder it is for Him to get to a person. YAY!

Of course, there's a lot of demons to help him out but as we know, some demons are pretty nice while others are awful. Some are sexy and others are rapists and murderers. Some are entertainment princes and in charge of the media---(oops, I think that's still Satan's domain) but the point is, there's more people on earth than there are demons, so I say, I think that as long as the population increases, the safer we are from demon attacks, or Devil attacks, personally.

• journey-on
    journey-on

If you think of the Universe in terms of light, frequencies, and energies of different frequencies,

the non-physical reality begins to make better sense rather than thinking in terms of individual

entities. Negative thoughts and emotions create negative energy and a low-frequency

vibration (demons?). Love and all that it entails creates a higher-frequency vibration (angels?).

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Negative thoughts and emotions create negative energy and a low-frequency

vibration (demons?). Love and all that it entails creates a higher-frequency vibration (angels?).

[citation needed]

• inkling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit