How do angels and demons influence mankind?

by onacruse 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onacruse
    onacruse

Dear michelle:

For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to THE Spirit will of THE Spirit reap everlasting lfe...For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision or uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. Galatians 6:8,15.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this scripture has nothing whatsoever to do with angels (or demons), as neither of these 'classes' of beings are subject to the benefits of Jesus' ransom. Paul is here talking about humans, not spirit beings.

In addition, my point in contrasting these two types of beings is that they are so different from one another that it's virtually impossible (either conceptually or scripturally) to determine how there could be any real interaction between them at all. A poor analogy would be like trying to mix oil and water, or plasma with chocolate brownies.

However, insofar as the Bible indicates, the only demonstrable influence angels have had on humankind is when they directly interceded in certain material ways, as with Moses, Abraham, Lot, Elisha, Daniel, Joseph and Mary, Paul, etc...providing stone tablets, physically ushering believers from danger areas, wiping out opposing armies, stopping the mouths of lions, causing a palpable blindness, etc. Hence the continuing popularity (even as it was once popular within the WTS) of "guardian angels."

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear onacruse..

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but this scripture has nothing whatsoever to do with angels (or demons), as neither of these 'classes' of beings are subject to the benefits of Jesus' ransom. Paul is here talking about humans, not spirit beings."...

For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to THE Spirit will of THE Spirit reap everlasting lfe...For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision or uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. Galatians 6:8,15.

you are correct, but this scripture is speaking of spiritual beings in the human form (which do benefit from the ransom). Human + Holy Spirit wasn't new per se. So what/where is the new creation? Holy Spirit + spiritual being = everlasting life as a holy spiritual being. (could be a saint, could be a holy angel.) notice that we are adopted as sons of God and in Job 38:7 the angels are called sons of God

for instance...So the last will be first, and the first last (for many are called, but few are chosen) Matthew 20:16...what does that mean? Jesus is talking about hiring laborers, the saints and the angels labor for the kingdom of heaven, in His vineyard (the earth).

...God hasn't got "time" like we do...and Jesus was born into our "time"...into this dimension...we don't know how things are whipping around out of our dimension...is all I'm sayin.

hehehe...I'm not trying to deflect the question, but it sure seems like I have, hey?

love michelle

• White Dove
    White Dove

Interesting question that makes the death penalty and jail/prison look even more unfair if the Devil indeed did do it. Shouldn't people be waiting on God to kill the Devil for the evil in the world instead of taking it out on individuals who were mere puppets and under the Devil's control? Demons are stronger than people are. That's not fair!

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear friends...

I've found Scripture that sheds more light on Matthew 20:16...

"for instance...So the last will be first, and the first last (for many are called, but few are chosen) Matthew 20:16...what does that mean? Jesus is talking about hiring laborers, the saints and the angels labor for the kingdom of heaven, in His vineyard (the earth)."...

Mark 13:34 It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch.(see 3 Baruch 11)

plus...

dear White Dove...

"Demons are stronger than people are. That's not fair!"...

Matthew 16:18...

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit