HOLIDAY FIELD CIRCUS....................

by nomoreguilt 15 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

So, did YOU ever buy into bothering people on the holidays? I personally could never bring myself to do it. After all, everyone has a right to there own own privacy on such days. Why bother them with the company line of paganism, when we KNOW that they are celebrating it RIGHT THEN! Self defeating is what it is. For heavens sake, give it a rest sometme, eh?

So, knowing that the jw's haven't found me at home here yet, I think they've only been through my new sub once in 18 months, I am curious to see if they will try today.

nomoreguilt

• Honesty
    Honesty

Although I don't have any decorations up anywhere on my property no JW's will come a knockin' around here.

Their Masters have decided that it would be spiritual suicide for their slaves to speak with me.

• shell69
    shell69

Agree, I never did Xmas day ministry coz I thought it was wrong to disturb people on this most special Family day.

Shell69

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

When I was an elder, I would go out with my family on Christmas morning. At least the

starting time was pushed back until 10:00 AM so that the worldlings could open their

gifts before they had to deal with us. What the hell was wrong with me???????????/

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

were my congregation was the 25th was almost like an encouraged day of service.........all us JW's with smiles and grins.....we had the truth and we had the right to disturb families on this special day.......armed with watchtower and awake........ i was dragged from door to door only to watch the other kids opening thier magical and most wonderful presents......... i mean i knew they were all going to die at armagedon...... but it almost seemed worth it..!!!..............................

i do not understand how intruding on anyones custom on the day of celebration and informing them they are doing wrong is loving, caring or for that matter Godly........

• Mary
    Mary

Went to a Christmas party last night at some ex-Dubs house, today all my family gets together (even though half of them are Witnesses) and tomorrow I go to Delilah's house for the day......

When I was on my way to the party last night, I drove by the local KH as it's on the way. I couldn't believe it: 4:00 o'clock in the afternoon on Christmas Eve and there were three cars there for Service.......... I should have gone and stuck some Christmas Cards on their windshields.....

I went out in Service once on Christmas Day.....surprisingly, far from being yelled at, we were invited in to parties and propositioned like there was no tomorrow.....maybe because they were all half in the bag. LOL!!!

Still, I didn't like bugging people on Christmas day so I never did it again.....

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Mary, maybe those cars were indicative of perhaps a jc?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is one time I never got dragged into--yet. The closest I came to getting dragged into it was that dreaded year when I had to waste Christmas with the current lead hounder at his house after the book study. After the book study, I had to spend the night there. Had it not been for the snow that fell that day, and the fact that the father had to go to work to shovel it, I would have been dragged out in field circus that day. As it was, I ended up wasting the time visiting the a$$embly hell and a Kingdumb Hell out of our territory.

And I hadn't better be dragged out in field circus, ever again. That is, unless they want me to keep putting out apostate material and guiding householders to apostate material. About the only way they could do it is with physical force, followed by the tactics that they use to extort confessions out of innocent people in dictatorships. Short of that, I will keep on blowing off field circus.

After all, every day is a surprise holiday.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Personally, I never went out in field service on Christmas day. To me that was just plain wrong. Those who went out would always comment on the great reception they got after playing the "Jesus' birthday" card. People do deserve a little privacy on occasions such as these, and should be given such.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Never went out on X-mas, but did on Thanksgiving. I distinctly remember going to a house in an affluent area of Ardmore and having a middle age man come to the door. In the background you could see people gathered around a large table laughing it up, a large spread of food and OMG Alkyhall, a bigscreen TV with the Cowboys pregame, and the guy at the door. The man opens the door, and kindly greets us. The brother I was with, who by the way was convicted of indecent exposure a few years later, goes into the standard "Isn't the world an awful place, under the current system of things?" bullshit. I will never forget the look on the mans face, or what he did next. He didn't get angry, and he didn't speak abusively. He smiled at us in the way that you might smile at a child speaking nonsense, he almost imperceptibly shook his head, and slowly closed the door. I swear the man almost looked sad when he shook his head no. For some crazy reason, that image hasn't left me, even though it took place 20 years ago.

sooner7nc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit