What did Santa bring you?

by NewYork44M 30 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I just woke up on Christmas morning to see what Santa brought me. I would have been happy with a lump of coal. But alas, not this year.

I was hoping this would be the year I would have my first christmas tree but it will have to be delayed until next. I am in the process of a move back to NYC and everyting is still in boxes.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Santa brought me the best present I've ever had.

A copy of 'CRISIS of CONSCIENCE' to share with all the good widdle Jehovah's Witnesses.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Two hours waiting at the local clinic with the worst headache/face pain I have ever had and vomiting. Got a shot of Toradol and sent driving 30 miles to St Peters hosp while sitting on what felt like a golf ball at the injection site. Three hours of waiting to be seen in the ED then more waiting in radiology for a CT scan. I was told I have a migraine which is odd since I have never had one before. IV of Demoral and Vistoral and then more waiting for my wife to get off shift to come get me a the hosp since I could not drive home. More waiting at the hosp pharmacy for the Fioracet prescription. All the while my daughter kept asking when can we go home? I could not find anyone to watch her on ultra short notice (not surprised). Left my truck at hosp and got home after 11:00 PM last night but did not sleep very well. Turns out the prescription has caffiene in it! $#&*ing doctors!!!!!!!! why would they give someone pain meds that will keep you awake?

I can't even put into words the pure hatred I have of our healthcare system. To top it off all the staff seemed to be in a very sour mood which always makes things that much more difficult.

Felt much better this morning and we managed to have a great Christmas. It is always so cool watching kids open the gifts they have been wondering about for days. She is also excited that we may get a bit of snow today.

So Christmas eve was straight from hell but Christmas day turned out real nice.

• prophecor
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

An iPod touch 8GB...I asked for and was expecting the new iPod Nano...hubby surprised me

• erynw
    erynw

I'll find out tomorrow. Based on the past, I bet I have a package of underwear somewhere under the tree. Uh, mom, I love you but, I'm not 12.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

A new pair of Vans.

A 12 pack of Dos Equis Amber.

A UFC hat.

The satisfaction of telling people to have a Merry Christmas.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

In the past, Santa had always given me an actual present, something to unwrap, but this year he just gave me a stocking full of random, and in some cases disturbing goods. I don't mean to sound unappreciative, but I gotta wonder what's going through the big guys head. Is it possible that after all these centuries, memory loss or dementia is finally catching up with ole St. Nick? I don't know, but here's what my stocking contained:

The most peculiar item I found in my stocking this Christmas was a roll of quarters? Huh? A roll of quarters? Was he saying I need to wash my clothes? Is he suggesting I take more advantage of parking meters? Did he read my "little" post in the "does size matter" thread and feel I needed some artificial augmentation? I don't know. It gets even weirder though, because along with the roll of quarters he also gave me $2.36 in loose change. I'm not sure WHAT that message is. So, I did a search at eFoodDepot.com to see what I could get for exactly $2.36? Here's what I found: PC Tea - Dieters Herbal Tea, Lee Kum Kee Minced Garlic, and Original Extra Strong Lozenges. Hmmm, what's Santa trying to tell me? I'm too fat, have bad breath, and in danger of being attacked by vampires? Yikes!

But that wasn't all. Along with close to a pound of chocolate, in no less than five different varieties, he included a brand new toothbrush. I'm starting to think he has financial stake in either Hershey's Chocolate Company, The American Dentistry Association, or 24 Hour Fitness. Something's up anyway.

Rounding out the contents of my stocking were, in no particular order: a lighthouse calendar; post-it-notes with the saying, Bosses - Every Village Needs an Idiot; and a day-planner. I'm assuming the calendar and day-planner will come in handy as I look for new work after my boss sees the post-its. Well, there you have it. That was what I got from Santa. What did you get?

• BrentR
    BrentR

I got a motion activated game camera/camcorder for capturing stealth pics of wild critters. It will be cool to see what kind of animals are cruising around our place and the neighbors. The infared flash will not scare them off so you can get multiple pics.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

A next door neighbor brought us a plate of goodies and two Christmas gifts for my daughter (wrapped in Chanukah paper).

She said she wanted to do it because she knows Z doesn't have her own grandmother anymore (my mother died last year) and she is far from her own grandkids this season.

She doesn't know that Z's grandmother never celebrated the holidays. Doesn't know anything about JWs or Muslims. But she does know a lot about love and compassion and neighborliness.

She definitely brought a smile to our faces and warmth to our hearts.

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit