Describe YOUR Christmas season thus far!

by AK - Jeff 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

What have you done [or anticipate doing] that is special, original or just plain exciting to you?

The Grandmunchkins are all excited about Christmas morning, and there are stacks of presents under the tree. The tree has become more colorful this year, as we add to it every year now. We put lights outside this year for the first time, and a couple of those cheesy mechanical reindeer on the lawn. Family has already come by with a few more gifts for the kids. I set now with a fresh pina-colada in my hand, and egg nog graces my refrigerator now.

Tomorrow we journey to my dad's house for a family dinner with all the trimmin's, a few more gifts to exchange, and likely a late nite poker game to wrap the evening.

HO HO HO - Please share your special moments so far and plans for the coming day[s].

Jeff

• Purza
    Purza

We have been invited to my half-sister's mother's house for tonight. We decided to go this year, just for the interaction with family (albeit distant). When we get back home tonight we will open everything in our stockings. Even though my kid is 17, I love watching her receive all of her little gifts - her expression and thankfulness makes it worth it to me.

Christmas morning I will make a breakfast casserole (its our favorite), and while it is backing we will open our gifts. Then maybe a walk around a local lake and then a movie. I like that just about everything is closed Christmas day as it gives a day to relax and be casual.

Purza

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

House hunted, building inspection, arranged mortgage, and bought house. Finally finished it this afternoon. I wanted to get it done this month before the land transfer taxes go up.

What a pain in the ass. My advice is, never do this before Christmas.

W

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Well money is tight as usual, so we used our best buy credit card to get presents for my family. Hubby was raised a jw and has been inactive for 5 going on 6 years (still brainwashed somewhat). I was thrilled he was actually giving suggestions and even helped me wrap this morning!!!! (major). He is at my families house now because I hope to be leaving work pretty soon.

I don't decorate the house because I don't want to offend my husband, and we usually spend the holidays with my family. I do miss the fanfare sometimes. I used to be a pro at this stuff! Maybe in the future this will be possible.

I love my husband more than anything. This morning I was getting ready for work and he found me crying in the bathroom. He asked what was wrong and I didn't want to bring stuff up and ruin what little change I've been seeing. I told him everything was fine and he jumped in the shower with me. It's just very scary to know that I could lose it all oneday because of this religion.

Well, on a good note, MOMMA MADE TAMALES!!!!!. I think we'll have a great evening.

• restrangled
    restrangled

My number one son came over with his (1 year and counting girlfriend) and we exchanged gifts this morning.

She is an exotic beauty and not like the others he has dated in the past. Very responsible, dresses reasonably, but could get away with murder with her beautiful face and figure. She has dark black hair and the most beautiful pale green eyes you have ever seen.

Anyway, 6 months ago she asked to borrow my personal cookbook, kept it a week and returned it. The entire thing is a mess, and only I could find the recipes I need.

This morning she handed me a beautiful bound book...which she did herself containing all my recipes and her families with a beautiful inscription from her. Her family is 100 % Italian, and part of the gift was some secret family recipes handed down through the ages.

Talk about a thoughtful and beautiful gift....I had tear in my eyes, and she said "Thank you for making me part of your family."

MYson, better marry this girl or I am going to KILL 'em!

r.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I got a Christmas tree for Christmas plus decorations! Fulfillment of a long lost childhood happy memory

Today my best friend came round with a food hamper. She'd asked what I wanted and when I said food she was a bit surprised/disapointed because it didn't sound like anything special, but when she arrived with it today it was obvious she'd had great fun deciding what to put in it! It was a joy for me to see the big grin on her face! It's a massive help to me because I'm so tired lately, I've not done a proper food-shop - which isn't good for me because if I have no food in, I'm inclined to just stop eating

only 10 minutes to Christmas here now

• noni1974
    noni1974

I am going to a mini fest here in Ohio Saturday at A&W's house.Then we go out for kareokee.It should be a great time because people are coming from Canada and Indianna.

I already opened my presents this morning.I have to work tonight and I will be tired tomorrow.I got lots of really cool things this year.I love everything.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Still don't celebrate xmas. I guess you can say some of the brainwashing with jw's still has an influence over me.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Saturday am went to my local house of worship and picked up a load of new cabinets for our kitchen. Spent the remainder of the day ripping out the old built-ins then started installing the new bright white with nickle trim. Made another two hour pilgrimage to same blessed throne, (Longview Home Depot is an hour away) to pick up one i missed. Got all of the 15 pieces installed by late Sunday night. Up early today to load up pick up with old cabinets off to refuse center. Spent quick hour at work to justify my existence, then home to get ready for oldest son and his family visiting. Had Papa Murphy's pizza for late lunch, said good bye to visitors, then hit the couch for quick nappy! wide awake now thinking about Christmas dinner which is boneless lamb roast with mint jelly and the trimmings.....and football! carmel

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Where I had control, I went ballistic. I have been ordering Christmas decorations all spring and summer for this. I ordered my Christmas tree in April, about Easter time. More than 30 UPS and DHL packages later, I have a house full of everything. As tinsel garland is impossible to come by during the summer, I still had to hit Target and Wal-Mart hard. I also took advantage of the LED sets for $7.99 (which are now clearance priced at $6.50 and I bought another 8 boxes).

Everything I do not have control, is W--I--M--P--Y. There are hardly any lights elsewhere (couldn't have been my hogging them all, since they have sold poorly this year and people could have reused the lights they used in 2006). As my natural family is almost as controling as the Watchtower Society itself (and share many of the same bad characteristics minus the spreading the virus to the world), and the opposite sex is about as warm to me as liquid helium Type 2 (which fact contributed heavily to my falling for the Watchtower scam in the first place), that all but eliminates the gifts and Christmas card giving. And I do not like all the monosodium glutamate that is hidden in so much of the foods that are prepared for single servings (nor do I want to waste the food to fix for one, only to have half of it be left).

As it stands now, I intend to continue focusing on Christmas ornaments and music. I can buy out any lights that are left (tinsel garland, too) so I will be long on them for the 2008 season (which may start even earlier than the 2007 season did). Ornaments and figurines can be bought all summer long at Bronners and Christmas Mouse, as well as more elaborate and expensive ones at other sites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit