Describe YOUR Christmas season thus far!

by AK - Jeff 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Describe YOUR Christmas season thus far!

Ummm, is awe-friggen-some a word? How about stupen-mazing? No? Neither? Help me out here.....

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Just got back from our first ever Christmas!

My sister in law's parents invited us to their home to celebrate Christmas Eve with their family. We had games, food, gifts! It was soooo much fun! We'll have another Christmas this weekend at A&W's Christmas Apostafest! Can't wait!

BB

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    A&W's Christmas Apostafest!

That sounds like the place to be. How does one get invited to such an event?

• tula
    tula

Hate to be Debbie Downer here....but mine goes like this

Elderly JW friend gets official DF letter this week. <edited to add: df'd in absentia>

Ends up in ER same day.

Phone call next day tests show another heart attack but cannot pin point exactly when.

JC and PO were all officially notified months ago to leave him alone as he was very sick.

He was released from hospital into my care a few months ago and he was half dead.

They waited until he was the worst he had been in his life and then attacked him.

They accused him of loose conduct because he is "alone in house with a female." (I took him to my home)

They held the dead as hostage. Told him he would never see his dead mother again if he did not comply with them. They made him cry.

I guess they expected him to go home and be alone without help or care. I had already asked family members to help out and they had no time and were also afraid they would get sick from being around him.

We have been business associates and friends for 10 years. I became his medical POA and caregiver because his family (all JWs) have more important things to do with saving the world. They all go to meetings three nights a week and door knocking two days a week.

Years ago, I alerted his family he needed medical attention. One family member said they could take him to medical appts on Tuesday between 1 and 4. Couldn't let the poor guy wait 6 months until dr. had opening at that time frame.

He believes the paradise story, but I think he has learned that worldly people are not so bad. He has a lot of compassion for people in general no matter what their religion is. I have never heard him pass judgement on others and always talks about Jah knowing the heart and its not our place.

Many times when he tries to read the daily text out loud to me, I will get the Bible and make him read something actually from the Bible and he has come to find NEW LIGHT on his own! (Imagine!)

Anyway, that's my xmas story.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

((((((((((tula))))))))))

wow, you've had a rough time. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and yours and hoping you have the strength to get through this.

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

i work during my the christmas peroid...... i work and live in the facility at the same time......yes a christmas tree is present...... its very quiet.....cooking a turkey at the moment....never cooked one before yoking experience from cooking chicken........because of my upbringing the cristmas period holds no weight at all no real significance..........although i do enjoy the sleep in on 25th...... even though i am an ex-JW i still do not celebrate christmas........Yahuah is very specific about not worshiping other gods.... so im not really down with paying homage to the sun, buts that my personal gig...............................................MERRY XMAS !!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

That is dreadful, Tula. I'm glad he has you to help him, I hope that you will be rewarded for it someday!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well - the presents are opened, I have bags of paper and stacks of cardboard to recycle now. The G-kids are fighting already at times, but are mostly happy with the gifts they received. We listened to Celtic Lady all morning.

I would like to tone in down and make it more thoughtful a holiday, but with the G-kids at 3, 6, and 8, they are mostly focused on getting gifts, so I guess that is what we will do for the next few years.

The turkey is cooking and issuing forth wonderful aromas. About an hour and a half we will be gathered to my Dad's house for a family dinner.

I was given a small digital MP3 player, and am learning how to get files transferred to the thing. Mostly I will use it as a training tool to get the hang of it for later when the kids will all have one hanging around the neck and Granddad will be the provider of the music I suppose. The floors are littered with remote cars and dinosaurs, and helicopters, and something called a "Littlest Pet Shop", a farm toy with a million animals, fences, and tractors. There is a new 26" bike in my living room.

I am getting into the spirit of the season nowadays. There seems to be too many gifts for my taste as mentioned, but this is a happy day here.

Jeff

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

restrangled:

MYson, better marry this girl or I am going to KILL 'em!

he had better marry that girl...LOL...she sounds like a keeper... (On the off chance he gets stupid and lets her get away...send her my way.... I love Italian beauties... ....)

a beautiful bound book...which she did herself containing all my recipes and her families with a beautiful inscription from her. Her family is 100 % Italian, and part of the gift was some secret family recipes handed down through the ages

From what I know about the Italian family I was close to at one time, that is a HUGE gift to give...especially handing down family recipes.... she sounds like she is sure about your son. Pretty unlikely she would put her family recipes in with yours unless she was..... I hope so... sounds like its going well....her family will be asking when anytime now if they havent already....lol...

happy holidays...

SnakesInTheTower (of the "does she have a single sister?" Sheep Class)

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

Wow, Finally-Free. When you buy yourself a present, you go all out, don't you. A new house.

Crafty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit