So who went out in field service on Christmas?

by mavie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

My congregation would have a special service day on all holidays, including Christmas. In order to avoid knocking to early on homeowners doors we would meet at 10am instead of 9:30am. We would always have the hardcore group ready ard raring to go on Dec 25th. I never went out of respect, or was that fear?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

For me it was respect. I thought is was ludicrous to show up at someone's door on the holidays and I was not shy about saying it either.

• XOCO
    XOCO

Argh XOCO went out today (Christmas Eve here) and i'm off of wk 2day. i just stayed in my little hood and made a few call 4 2 hours and now i'm back home. but ur right Mavie on holidays there would be special arrangements 4 FS. 4 example on thanksgiving week and day we had our CO visit and around the July 4-7(Independence day US) we would have a CA around that time. afterall JW don't do pagan holydays so instead of sitting home and watch football we knock on doors and tell ppl 2 love jesus and really 2 remember him Blah, Blah, Blah... after all jws don't really care if we are interupting u lol, we gots to save u lol.

XOCO

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    For me it was respect. I thought is was ludicrous to show up at someone's door on the holidays and I was not shy about saying it either.

I have to echo what A&W said. Out of a sense of loyalty to the whacked out WTS, I didn't shout
    my feelings out, but when asked, I would say that I don't do knocking on holidays when people
    are with family, or sleeping because they are hung over (New Years Day).

Many pioneers would say that Christmas was a great time, because people felt bad not being
    polite to ya.

• Purza
    Purza

I don't think I EVER went out on Christmas day. Maybe when I was young my parents took me, but thankfully my memory has been blocked as it relates to that.

I once went out on Thanksgiving and got yelled at. After that, I never went door to door on a holiday again.

Purza

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have gone in fs several times on christmas. Not much fun and a very unconfortable experience. For me it was worse goin out on new year's day.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I went out on Thanksgiving, Christmas, AND New Years day.

Warlock

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    I went out on Thanksgiving, Christmas, AND New Years day.

yeah...went out to strip clubs and got wasted

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I remember going out one Christmas morning with a Kingdom News tract entitled, "Has Religion Betrayed God and Man?" It was an interesting morning, to say the least. One guy in particular took the tract, read the title, and looked at me and said, "You people got a lotta stones, you know that?" - then shut the door.

• mavie
    mavie

I'm just waiting for my own little JW to knock on my door tomorrow. Please Jehovah?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit