• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

1- yes

2-ultra theocratic-elder family

3-Christian

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

1. Yes

2. In the earlier part of my life we often missed meetings, however, my dad was one of those witnesses who saw no gray areas. He took the hard line and hard stance on every "conscious" issue there was and upheld it rigorously at home. When I was 13 and told him I no longer believed in what the witnesses taught he became a bit more fanatic and I doubt we missed more than a handful of meetings between then and when I was at a point I could stop attending.

3. Agnostic

Jackie

• yesidid
    yesidid

1- Were you raised a witness ? Yes

2-If you were, was your family very "theocratic" or not so much?

Very

3- Where do you stand on religion now? Christian, pagan, atheist/agnostic, undecided...

Christian

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

1. Divided Household since I was 5

2. Mom and kids very theocratic, Dad UBM

3. Christian

• XOCO
    XOCO

1. yeah pretty much

2. mom theocratic but not zealous dad non-jw

3. still christian

XOCO

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

1)Partially...spent(wasted) my whole teenhood there,pre-13yrs old attended no religion

2)Not overly,i did a LOT of personal study on my own,as well as study/debate with my friend

3)Agnostic Theist

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

1 - yes, raised "in"

2 - not so theocratic, dad was "inactive" and very rarely went to meetings. Tried off and on over the years to have a family study, never lasted for more than a few weeks at a time. Parents weren't uber strict as far as "the truth" went, I had it pretty good as far as a JW upbringing went. Fairly lax parents.

2 - not athiest, not christian, not sure really where I'm at. Don't really want to confine myself to a "label" in my beliefs ever again.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

1. Yes

2. Very Theocratic yet balanced

(my dad was never a jw so we did sports, school clubs and stuff but I always in the ministry, pioneering, etc).

3. Agnostic

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

1 - Yes

2 - Very theocratic (father overseer/elder - we even drove from Georgia to the 1958 NYC international convention (Yankee Stadium) with 3 kids, the youngest 6 weeks old)

3 - Agnostic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit