Something(s) I always wondered about...

by KenseiShimonzu 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• erynw
    erynw

Could be, my opinion of course, that the bible is a collection of fables and fairy tales and that's why it makes no damn sense.

(Your actual mileage may vary, deity may not be exactly as described or even exist, actions may be misrepresented, misattributed or lied about, obfuscating poetic language may be used in descriptions, words such as 'anything', 'proof', 'know', 'true' may be misused/redefined.)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it's all fiction - although the ancient people who made it all up believed it was true.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While we have learned that JW doctrine is a pack of lies, they do close up some holes
    nicely to address questions like you asked.

WT doctrines say that Jehovah is a perfect balance of love, justice, power, and wisdom.
    Sure, he could have destroyed Adam and Eve, and the spirit creature known today as Satan.
    But this would be observed by the millions of spirit creatures. The bogus "legal issue" raised
    by Satan would never have been addresses- Can humans rule themselves successfully
    without God? Would humans serve God out of love, or only for rewards? (This issue was
    raised in the days of Job.) Without addressing the issues, another spirit creature could
    raise them again, perhaps millions of years later. So Jehovah was using his perfect justice.

By allowing thousands of years to pass, the issues were completely addressed and now
    they are confident that Jehovah has the right to destroy the world ruled by Satan and
    to destroy Satan (after the abyss and the final test of loyalty for perfected mankind.)
    Every conceivable combination of self-governing by man has been tried. (Not true by the
    way, but that's their story.)

The WT is stuck with the book the way it was written (the Bible) so this is why their
    explanation is a bit cumbersome. But all things considered, it's like explaining how
    a character in a television show was killed last season, but is alive this season- it was
    all a dream.

My problem with the JW story- Jehovah did not allow Satan to "prove" his case. Jehovah
    changed the rules at the flood, at Babel, at Sodom, at the Exodus, in the promised land.
    Their explanation for the vast majority of that is that Jehovah had to protect the way of
    salvation- the people set aside for a special purpose leading to Jesus. I say that the
    people were on to something before the confusion at Babel. They might have been able to
    pool the knowledge of all mankind together, but the putting people in different languages
    and cultures has prevented man from getting along.

So, if you can start a Bible-based cult with a better story than the JW's, well- there are
    people out there who will like your version of "the truth" also.

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    no human can see spirit creatures...........(ie: bodies)

why is it that JW's are convinced that fallen angels can no longer materialise into human form....???????

what is the scriptual basis for this ?

• Robert7
    Robert7

I also didn't get it. Why let this system go just to prove a point? I wouldn't let my kids play in traffic just to prove the point that it can kill you. I would say 'too bad, don't play in traffic'. Why couldn't God just replace Adam & Eve and say 'too bad, follow my laws' and not let things continue with sin? If God is perfect and his laws are perfect, no example should be needed to prove it.

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

why is it that JW's are convinced that fallen angels can no longer materialise into human form....??????? what is the scriptual basis for this ?

You don't remember the last time that happened back at the "Nephillim" fiasco? And what was "decreed" fromthen forward?

My problem with the JW story- Jehovah did not allow Satan to "prove" his case. Jehovah changed the rules at the flood, at Babel, at Sodom, at the Exodus, in the promised land. Their explanation for the vast majority of that is that Jehovah had to protect the way of salvation- the people set aside for a special purpose leading to Jesus. I say that the people were on to something before the confusion at Babel. They might have been able to pool the knowledge of all mankind together, but the putting people in different languages and cultures has prevented man from getting along.

Another thing about that OTWO,is the fact that humans haven't had a chance to prove anything without interference from any spirit creatures period. The so-called debate was over whether or not humans could govern themselves,NOT whether they would like to follow Satan,another spirit creature's way of doing thing...as far as i'm concerned,nothing has been proven except the fact that humans are susceptible to control from spirit creatures..which given the setup,is a given.

-KenShi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit