Something(s) I always wondered about...

by KenseiShimonzu 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

Was,if Jehovah was going to bring about Armegeddon to destroy the "wicked"humans who may live an average of 75 yrs +/-,who may not even know of him in their lifetime..why would he allow Satan,who was directly associated with him,to exist for as long as he has?..seems to me,it would have been an instantaneous destruction because he already KNEW better..it would have been worse than blasphemy.

He even allowed him complete control over the Earth to do as he wishes...also,if he isn't destroyed at some point,how would humans know? No human can see spirit creatures..therefore there could be no proof that he didn't exist anymore(i.e a body). Another thing that has always bugged me about that whole scenario..why would "Jehovah" the Supreme Creator,have the need to justify his right to rule,to a lesser spirit creature that HE created...i liken it to a son telling his father that he knows better than the father about how the household should be run....sort of a moot point

Also,if Jehovah is omnipotent,and knew all of what was going to be happening in our times...why didn't he just destroy "Adam and Eve" at the Garden of Eden since they supposedly were the first,and ONLY ones to sin firsthand? Why would he let the world get fully populated just to destroy everyone later after they've been left to their own devices for so long? I know about the "letting man prove to himself that he doesn't have the right to rule over himself"thing,but that goes back to same point about the creator having to debate his authority with his creation

It would seem to me,that it would have been easier to destroy A&E AND Satan,then create a new A&E and wipe even the memory of them from the other angels mind so as there would be no questions about it

Also,why was "free will"such a big deal?...if Angels didn't have free will,how did Satan decide to do what he did? Or was he just following orders he was given? How did,some Angels decide to come down and create bodies,and do the whole "Nephilim"thing if they had no free will?

Also,if all the "evil" in the world is destroyed..how would something be classified as"good"..what is the polar opposite of "good"?

Just some things i always wondered about.....

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    i liken it to a son telling his father that he knows better than the father about how the household should be run....sort of a moot point

-Jehovah is like the father who catches his son smoking, and therefore locks him up in a room with hundreds of cartons of smoke and has him smoke them all, to teach him a lesson.

...and locks all the other kids up in the same room so they can enjoy the second hand smoke, and learn a lesson too!

Seriously though, as for the Adam/Eve and Satan not being killed thing, the argument JWs use there is that if He had done that, nothing would have been proved, and so angels and people could then challenge Him for all eternity. The idea is that a billion billion billion billion billion years from now, if someone tries anything, Jehovah can point back to this ~6000 year period and say "See how that went? Only I can rule successfully!". Let's hope people have perfect memory as well by then... Wonder how big their brains will have to be for that.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Oh - and welcome to the forum!

"The important thing is never to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.

Was,if Jehovah was going to bring about Armegeddon to destroy the "wicked"humans who may live an average of 75 yrs +/-,who may not even know of him in their lifetime..why would he allow Satan,who was directly associated with him,to exist for as long as he has?..seems to me,it would have been an instantaneous destruction because he already KNEW better..it would have been worse than blasphemy.

Sorry - I didn't read this sentence thoroughly enough to catch the point of it until now. You have a good point there. Satan has been allowed to live for thousands (possibly millions or billions) of years if one believes the story, and has done things worse than any human has done or could do, and still people who only commit 'minor' sins will live no longer than max. 100 years (and if Armageddon were to come, some would be young). Not only that, but Satan even gets a second chance after the thousand years!

Fortunately, my Occam's razor cut this "head" clean off while shaving.

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

Thanks for the welcome Awakened07,Lmao,i like the smoking kid analogy.."one wants to do it,so i'm gonna make you all do it so you'll all learn why it's bad at the same time",lol....but yeah,they told me that explanation before too..however,i asked them "but you say that Jehovah is all powerful so he can do ANYTHING right? well...he could have just as easily done away with them,and STILL erased the memory of them from the other angels minds..so as far as they would know,the A&E they knew,would have been the first ones created,and they would have no memory at all of Satan or who he was before he was labeled Satan. After which only he would know what happened beforehand,but because he's omnipotent,he would have known it was for the best,that it was the loving merciful thing to do..

Einstein was right...but they don't "cotton" to that type of thing down there...that's "goat"talk,lmao..you don't ask questions...they give you the answers to the questions they're prepared to answer,the questions you should have..when they're taking "freestyle" questions..they'll let you know:P

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    well...he could have just as easily done away with them,and STILL erased the memory of them from the other angels minds.

Their reply to that would be that doing so would be unfair and show a lack of integrity, and I actually tend to agree. I wouldn't like to live in a "paradise" where - unbeknownst to me - God removed any opposition and erased people's memory of it from time to time. There is also the question of free will, but on the other hand; that isn't really resolved by the JWs either.

Personally, I don't think the death penalty that God seems to be so fond of is the right decision at all, and I think that's a basic problem with the Bible. "You can't teach a dead dog new tricks", to paraphrase another saying. Nothing is accomplished by killing the offender, other than revenge and to cut them off from rest of mankind. A period of rehabilitation would be preferable, and being God, that shouldn't be impossible to do. Do it on another planet, if need be.

• Steve J
    Steve J
    Was,if Jehovah was going to bring about Armegeddon to destroy the "wicked"humans who may live an average of 75 yrs +/-,who may not even know of him in their lifetime..why would he allow Satan,who was directly associated with him,to exist for as long as he has?

I've had similar questions to this for years now and have recently had a discussion on this same subject with J Canon, which you'll find on the Bible Study & Research topic page 360 under the title EPIPHANY: EVIL VS GOOD, ONLY TEMPORARY.

I've had discussions with JW Elders and Circuit Overseers in the past, but no one has ever come near to answering the question. However, what J Canon had to say certainly made sense to me, so I hope you find it interesting also.

By the way, I've missed J Canon's posts just lately, does anyone know if he's okay?

Steve J

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

Hey Steve,I just read through some of the post from that thread,and I can see what J's thought process is on the matter,however..The only thing i say about "free will"and the CHOICE as he put it is,there is no alternative to what Jeh says do,which is the"right"thing to do. The choices are right=everlasting life,wrong=short life,then death so with that in mind,can it REALLY be said that free will exist?

If either decision led to an everlasting life,which would most choose? The same as with serving Jeh...if it was announced that EVERYONE would get everlasting life,regardless of whether they served Jeh or not,how many would continue to do so,after the threat of death was removed?

Doing things the way Awakened07 mentioned in his last post,would be the only way free will could reasonably be instituted IMO,because you can make a decision,but either way you will live forever SOMEWHERE even if separated from ones who've made a different decision from yours.

Then,when people who made the decision to do bad,got tired of all the wickedness and learned their lesson about why they should want to do the right thing,they could choose to give up their immortality,and die for their sins,and be resurrected to the paradise on a trial basis till they've proven themselves,wherein they'd get everlasting life there too

• Steve J
    Steve J

Hi KenseiShimonzu,

Good point! I guess; Do what I say and live. Don't and you'll die, isn't much of a choice is it? There's not much free will allowed for there.

I'm not saying I agree with J Canon, but it was the best explaination I've heard, so far.

Steve J

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

I agree,as far as explanations go..J's was about the best i've seen thus far too,it was a lot more detailed than the WTSDrones at the hall could/would give i'd say that much.

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Hey KenShi

Good question. That made me think of something else.

Why did God allow adam and eve to create more

people and carry this " imperfection " on to others.

Why didn't he keep them from multiplying and when

they ate from the tree let them die which they were

going to anyway and when they did, create a new

couple. Try again until the created adam or eve get it

right. When they do, then let them breed.

DV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit