How long does it take to make a Witness?

by DoubleVision 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Sorry, I don't have a punch line for this subject line, but I

sure someone will come up with one.

Anyway, How long does it take to make a witness?

After seeing the 2007 stats I thought to myself how many
    hours does it take to make a brother, sister, witness, disciple or
    what ever you want to call it?

My wife has a study that’s getting ready to be baptized. ( poor thing )
    It has taken years for this person to get to this point.
    It took my wife and I a year or more. So I started to think of what the
    bible accounts had to show as examples.

For instance, take the Ethiopian eunuch in ACT 8:36-40
    “ 36As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, "Look, here is water. Why shouldn't I be baptized?" 38And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.”

Most accounts I come across seem to show no hesitation or time at all.

Can anybody think of an account that shows that it takes hundreds possibly
    thousand of hours and were they had to study two or more separate sacred
    writings or just plain writings before they can be baptized? Not to mention all
    the other thing that the borg requires.

DV

• Robert7
    Robert7

According to jwfacts.org, it's about 7500 hours per baptisim. That's about 3 1/2 YEARS of full-time secular work hours. http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/statistics.htm

• chickpea
    chickpea

depends on how fresh the ingredients are...

i had to go with my first thought..... mea culpa for being a smart@ss

i had to finish 2 books to be considered for the dunk, took about 20 months of a weekly study

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    How long does it take to make a witness?

Erm ... about 9 lunar months?

• Honesty
    Honesty

It varies.

Some are easily swayed and more prone to accept the indoctrination than others.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Most accounts I come across seem to show no hesitation or time at all.

Now that I am seeing things through different eyes, I see how all the "preparing" to come into the WTS is not a requirement that the BIBLE ITSELF indicates or reccommends! As you mentioned, this was an instantaneous decision made from the heart in reaction to hearing the Good News about Jesus Christ. It need not take an exorbitant amount of time to decide if one wants to follow Christ's footsteps! What the Watchtower Society does is an indoctrination process that takes many months, even YEARS to accomplish....and is nothing LIKE what the bible speaks about.

These students are not learning about Jesus or getting to know HIM better.....but are learning what the Watchtower requires and learning what pleases THEM! (All done in a very clever and deceitful way). When someone really looks into this (without WTS literature), they find it is far removed from anything the bible actually says and teaches.

• inkling
    inkling
    Erm ... about 9 lunar months?

Lol!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You have to cook all the ingredients on the top of stove..Cooking..Then you put it in the oven to bake.....Bake your JW untill he`s/she`s half way done..Then remove him/her from the oven............The best JW`s are always Half Baked!..Loser 4Loser 4.......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Most of that time is the time spent going from door to door finding interested ones. That 7,000 hours per witless accounts for all the coffee breaks, fake time reported, time wasted on not at homes and wild goose chases, and those who get one or two calls and never progress or that drop out.

If you start with a person that is ultimately to get baptized without distraction, it used to take about 9 months. But that was when you had to complete the Suffer Forever book and get into the Disunited in Worship book. Usually 9 months to a year was standard then. Then, came the Knowledge book and they wanted to shorten it down to 4-6 months. You then only had to study that one book, and they wanted the person baptized before they reached the end of the book (unless they reach the end and the next opportunity isn't until sometime after).

Now, I don't know what it is. With the Watchtower Teach book, I am unaware of how it is different from the False Knowledge book it replaced. (They are all very similar.) And I am unaware of any additional books that need to be studied, since the Disunited book is doubtlessly out of date by now.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Inkling .... I see you understood my pun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit