I'm Happy to Live in a Christian Nation

by BurnTheShips 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

So whats your opinion on the article?

Burn

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

sorry, but i can't read past the second paragraph. what a bunch of BS.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

BurnTheShips,

Why post such things without comment? Do you agree with this person? Disagree? Think him correct in some aspects and incorrect in others?

Such "drive by" posting, worthy of BA himself, is bad netiquette.

HS

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Interesting article, thank you. I would advise all to read it all the way to the end. Lilly

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

HS.

Thanks for your critique. I added a comment. And I will hang around to converse with my fellow JWDers.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    sorry, but i can't read past the second paragraph. what a bunch of BS.

Cognitive Dissonance?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Nice of him to lump the Roman Catholics and Anglicans in with the other 'non-Christians'

Oh would it be those 'non-Christian' British Christian soldiers that he'd be referring to who 'brought Hitler down'.

He doesn't appear to know the massive debt we owe to those 'atheist hordes' on the Eastern front and in Scandinavia too. Or the ANZACs. Or the Nepalese. Or the Indians/Pakistanis/Bangladeshis (all part of India at the time). Or the Canadians. Oooh don't forget those pesky Roman Catholic Poles and Maltese too!!

Need I go on? Where do people get this shite from? This article just serves to reinforce the general idea that Americans (USA ones!) have a very blinkered attitude to the rest of the world and its history. Don't encourage it BTS!

• White Dove
    White Dove
    I think he agrees with the post. I agree with some of it in that if someone could get executed for naming a teddy bear, there is something very wrong with that religion. Some of the article seems a bit prejudicial, though, because I'm sure that not all Muslims agree with the injustices that the radicals commit in their religion's name. I don't believe in blanket statements that make every member of a group look bad for the actions of a few (or most). I believe in the facts: naming a teddy bear Jesus, would not get one killed because Jesus represents peace. Isn't Islam supposed to be a peaceful religion according to a slogan I once saw? It's doing a shitty job of it!
  • hillary_step
    hillary_step

Like many reports that end up on religiously motivated websites in the US, it is the intellectual equivalent of a gooey "pop-tart". It tastes for the instant quite appealing but within seconds gives rise to a huge boil on the end of your nose.

HS

• Gopher
    Gopher

To quote from the article:

Usually, when people say they’re not religious, they’re looking to pick a fight or at least start an argument. That’s probably because people who identify themselves as atheists or agnostics are often as dogmatic as Cotton Mather and have merely made a religion of their own non-belief.

It's obvious there are at least two "religious" posters posting vociferously on this board who are fighting and starting arguments, even with threads like this one. There seems to be at least one fresh post every day attacking the intelligence or motives of non-believers.

When I say I'm not religious, I'm merely speaking for myself. I'm not here to "convert" anyone to my point of view. People can believe whatever the heck they want, doesn't bother me. My only objection is when beliefs are used as some sort of weapon in social discourse or social policy.

I find the discussion board to be an unfriendly place to be these days because of continual assaults on non-believers.

Happy holidays to believers and non-believers alike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit