Who's celebrating Yule?

by White Dove 15 Replies latest social family

• White Dove
    White Dove

My daughter and I went to our very first Yule ritual/celebration. It was a beautiful ceremony with masks and costumes of the Sun Lord, White Lady, and the Raven of Annwyn (sic?).

We witches (I'm in training) sure eat a lot of food (for grounding). Yummy

After that, some of us went outside and drummed, chanted, and sang Yule and pagan songs around the Yule log.

So nice to celebrate Christmas closer to how it was done a long time ago. Such beautiful metaphores for everything natural and changing. It reminded me a lot of Native American ceremonies done around a camp fire.

Chenoa

• DT
    DT

Interesting. I'm not really offended anymore by the pagan origins of Christmas. (I'm a little offended by the Christian origins of Christmas, but that's a different story.) I don't have any desire to celebrate pagan rituals, but I think it would be very educational to observe them sometime.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I have an intense interest in pagan/wiccan rituals. I am wanting to explore it more in the coming new year. The best I could do now is candles in all the windows and a tree. No yule log, I have a gas fireplace. I think my family has enough big changes this year, I need to move slowly.

momz

• Satanus
    Satanus

I did a painting of the sun god.

S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Question Mark 3Question Mark 3Question Mark 3........Why does it sound so reasonable,when they say things like that at the Kingdom Hall??..All Praise.................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Because brains turn off upon entry into the hall. Clear brains make fertile brains for the borg's programming.

• Satanus
  • Satanus
  • darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

My partner is Pagan/wiccan, solitary pratitioner. He has friends that we see once or twice a year but so far not for celebrations or rituals, I'd like to see that though.

My mom & I, even while JWs, thought a great deal about the solstice and would try to plan a special activity such as skiing or sledding with my younger siblings and later my nephews.

I like the idea of any outdoor activity onthe solstice, and observing the sun rise and set, but that can be impossible with Pacific NW weather sometimes.

Enjoy your Pagan festivities.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I "recognize" it. In that, I might spend a few moments outside and really just take it all in.

But everything else feels too forced and fake for me. I think it's awesome that so many are enjoying Yule festivities.

I think my holiday spirit is sort of blah anyways this year.

Who knows, maybe some of these wonderful ideas will inspire me to do more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit