A Welcome For All the Newbies ! You Have Great Thoughts-Keep em' coming

by flipper 43 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I don't know about the rest of you more seasoned posters here, but I believe JWD is really becoming a welcoming haven for people leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses , and we are really seeing some great quality posters among newbies coming on the board. So, I just want to say to all of you who have joined the last few months , we love your input , you have great takes , and keep your thoughts coming ! You never know if something you say could help someone along in their life to cope with what once might have seemed to be unsolvable situations . Welcome your thoughts , how has JWD helped you so far do you think ? What have you learned from posting ? And you other posters too, what do ya think about our newbies ? Shout out for the newbies !!!??? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

WELCOME all newbies!!! We are thrilled to have you here!! You will find you are not alone, and you are not crazy with the doubts you probably are having! We have all had them too, and have all found the truth about the "truth"!! If you are doing research and are looking for any literature scans, please just ask, as there is a wealth of knowlege and information here. If you need something, just ask, and someone will come up with what you need!!

Keep your posts coming! There is nothing to be afraid of!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Hi!

You will find a lot of people that understand your concerns here. I've found lots of friends and support here in the last 3 months.

Welcome newbies!!

• flipper
    flipper

LADY LIBERTY- Yeah ! Thanks for the bump de bump sis ! We certainly can learn from everybody here it is true. I have found since posting on this board, just when I think I have heard everything from people exiting the witnesses, some newbie comes on and blows me away with their story, and courage of how they handled their respective situations ! So, I agree keep it coming everybody, because we all have our stories, would like to hear all of yours . It helps us all ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

As one who merely touched the poison kool-aid but did not swallow. Coming here allowed me to question even the most holy of my own sacred cows and find the truth within myself.

Being exposed to the patent ridiculousness of the JW's belief system caused me to look deep for the first time in my adult life for an answer that was coherent.

Having achieved my goal of becoming aware of the greater reality, I am able now to give to those around me from a deep well of love and understanding . My flowers are blooming , the fruits are falling from the trees, the harvest is coming in .

I was on the road to discovery long before I stopped here and sampled this place, but after joining in ,my spiritual journey took on a life of it's own.

JW's showed me the way , not because of their message as truth , but because their message was a lie.

I never thought a lie could be a good thing .

Every contribution here is a blessing .

May you be blessed and loved as I am in all that you do , freedom is the child of truth , if what you hold dear has no love . if what you hold dear confuses you or gives you fear it is a false teaching.

Our truth is LOVE . if it is absent in your life , your aren't in the truth , your in the lie.

I am not a holy person but my spirit is holy within me and it is the same spirit within you.

Fly free , don't drink the kool-aid.

In love and service , Clark

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

WELCOME NEWBIES

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Grazie, mi amore!!!

I'm so glad that JWD exists - I have learned so much from reading all the posts, past and present. From the fact that there are kindred spirits like myself who are disgusted with the 'False and Deceitful Slave, to the scandals and cover-ups ('Drunk' Rutherford, Our 'Pedophile Paradise'), to the personal stories that always touch my heart, and the sage advice of the those who have blazed the trail of freedom before me -- I appreciate it all.

I realize that in the grand scheme of things, the JW's don't really amount to much (except in their own universe), but they are are a cult, and as such, are particularly dangerous and damaging to any and all who cross their path. (I'm sure that there are some lurkers out there that think that I'm mistaken; my response to them is to PROVE ME WRONG. Go on, have at...if it's an honest dialogue, you might learn something!)

JWD is a priceless resource of information, as are all the sites that help inform responsible persons about the WTS and its myriad false prophecies, its deceitful image of spiritual and familial peace and unity, its haphazard, biased and asinine doctrines concerning medical care and sexual intimacy, and its egregious and offensive policies concerning those who have a differing opinion. I wish it were possible to shut down the WTS due to the magnitude of the deception and destruction that it has wrought, but a person has the right to choose his/her religion. Let all who would partake of the WatchTower's poisoned table go in with both eyes opened.

Thank you, everyone.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Woohooo! Newbies ROCK! Woohooo! Newbies RULE!

Woohooo! Newbies buy the next round!!!

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Woohooo! Newbies buy the next round!!!

Huh?

• XOCO
    XOCO

Wow Mr.Flipper ,u make this sound like a school survey LMAO LOL

how has JWD helped you so far do you think ? What have you learned from posting ? And you other posters too, what do ya think about our newbies ?

i appreciate the welcome (although here 4 2mo) even though the apostates on here were are kind of weary of me in the beginning i guess?

i was searching 4 some thing basic/innocent though my WT-cd rom but the cd did not suffice to my answer, so i went to my favorite search engine about being reproved there were a couple of good ones until i landed on JWD. @ the time i was unfamiliar w/this site and did not know how to navigate neither was i sure if it was an apostate site or what. i remember clicking on something that said Gabbly chat and that's where i met BB (bumble bee) and she lovingly told to sign up and ask my ? (BTW she mention it was free LOL!) and boy the answers were astounding my jaw just fell on the keyboard. the answers were better than all the years sitting in the km. When i found out that this was an apostate site i said to myself its nothing like i would quite imagine. i.e 4 apostates u are quite friendly and tactful yet, u guys have this zeal to "seek out and destroy" but yet cry on someones virtual shoulder and vent LOL. i personally don't think i've ever vented like this with my fellow JW friends but here i do time to time.

since my days in HS i've like critical thinking and reason and i should thank my non-jw dad 4 that. i remember him pushing me to make good grades in school and seek higher edu. (at the time my dad did not know about JW seeking higher edu policy). since posting here i realized my fate if i had not listen to my dad, i could of been working in some dept.store 4 the rest of my life LOL! during my senior year of hs when i was applying 4 scholarships i asked an elder if he could write me a recommendation Whoa! Big Mistake! that landed me of that elder consulting me. he told me the Same BS that all of u poster mention here the only problem was that this "white" elder has a college edu and his wife (white also) and here u are telling this young girl who was born form parents of a 3rd world country and who struggle to do the best 4 me here, they suffered me me here! they don't have the luxury of finding a $12.00 job etc, etc, my parents wanted to see their daughters have a degree so that no one could tell them that they won't be denied 4 this/that position etc, etc. That day I broke down and cried and i notice how that elder won't even look @ me in the face anymore/call on me to make a comment (the other 2 elders were liberal i got along with them well).

My inner APOSTATE kicked me in the face, by not doing what the elder said i went to school with/without his recommendation and 4 the first time i realize i have to open my mind even more!! (i was not bias to other religions due 2 living in FLA) but i had to ask myself if JW is right 4 me and if i really love jah anymore (at that time i stopped praying to jah) (don't get me wrong i've good things about being a JW/their is the bad side to it also. every good needs its bad, every up needs its down) i'm doing everything wrong by being here but i won't be shunned b/c i am not baptise its that i've grown up in the truth the doctrines brainwashing are burned deep with in me that i know what kind of hurt that i will cause to my mother and my friends at the KH.

Jah praise the internet and JWD (using that loosely) i don't think i would ever learn what's its like being on the other side of the fence and some of the stories i read are shocking and i would never never, ever, ever,eveeeer think of it happening in jah's house/org (child abuse). sometimes i feel like a fool and my dad saw this all along and i just want to deny what i learn. its like going though culture shock or Cognitive Dissonance ( i don't know 2 much about cult terminology but some body on this board is named cognitive dissonance LOL) i'm taking it one little step @ a time i try not to get myself 2 preoccupied w/finding more secretes within the WT but now i can't help it. i just wanna know. i want the truth to set me free and i want to be at my own peace.

i don't know how this became a story but i know someone would enjoy reading it and would give me one of these (((()))) i enjoy posting here i learn so much and i alway,always appreciate ppl who out of their way to wite meaningful answers 2 ppls ?s even mine whether lengthy or not.

XOCO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit