WT Comments (Dec 17-23 DEEP THINGS) FEATURING JK666

by V 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ?me?
    ?me?

i almost commented yesterday, but i did not really feel like stirring things up at the meeting, but i will do it on a small group basis.

i really cannot understand the whole FDS thing. and i have been a witness for about 20 years. wasn't the term "faithful and discreet witness" just a term used in an illustration by jesus? does it really have ANY kind of fulfillment or parallel for today? and the WTS placing it in parenthesis before or after any direction it gives to somehow give it divine backing is crazy.

if ALL 8500 annointed are the "fds" why are only 12 or so involved in policy making and explaining the bible. who chose THOSE 12 guys over the other 8k? is it weird that all the GB just happen to speak english? and most importantly, WHY DID THEY NOT EVEN TRY TO EXPLAIN THAT THE GOVERNING BODY IS NOT INFACT THE FDS THAT THEY CLAIM IT IS."?

did anyone become a witness before the gb was formed? according to them, how did ANYONE become a witness by merely studying the bible, and not with the "help" of the wts's books?

more and more our WT studies are becoming not a place to enhance our understanding of the bible and how to follow jehovah's words, but a place to prop up and coercse people to listen to whatever the elders and the WTS says. without question.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Thanks JK and Blondie for your review! I also started out as a babe wearing those goggles. It took me a while, but they are finally off!

Q18) Why is the effort required to study "the deep things of God" worthwhile?

18) Deep personal study of God's Word can help you to draw close to Jehovah. Showing the value of such study, the Bible says: "Wisdom is for a protection the same as money is for a protection; but the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom itself preserves alive its owners." (Ecclesiastes 7:12) Therefore, the effort required to deepen your understanding of spiritual things is worthwhile. The Bible promises those who keep searching: "You will find the very knowledge of God."-Proverbs 2:4, 5.

Studying the Bible along with the Strong's Concordance (intending to buy one) I have heard is one of the best ways to have a deep, valuable personal study.

Blondie's observation/quote:
    Literal Israelites were called Jehovah's Witnesses---then we should reason that only "spiritual" Israelites are really Jehovah's Witnesses, not the great crowd. Originally, in the 1930's, only the anointed were considered jws and the great crowd their companions

Exactly!! Their own words betray them. Any "thinking person" should be able to figure this out. The great crowd misses out on almost everything! They don't get to be spirit-anointed adopted sons of God, they don't get anything revealed to them by holy spirit, they don't have Jesus as a mediator--they have to settle for the governing body, just to name a few viewpoints; however we all know they overstep the scriptures on many things.

Don't know if the apostle John even means spirit-begotten in this scripture, but if he does, it's a very powerful statement; and may I quote from the NWT just to add to the rub:

"Everyone believing that Jesus is the Christ has been born from God, and everyone who loves the one that caused to be born loves him who has been born from that one." You know what? Let me quote from another translation because one phrase here doesn't make sense to me.

The Bible In Basic English
    alt
    1 John 5
    5:1
    Everyone who has faith that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God: and everyone who has love for the Father has love for his child.

Ahhhh......much better!

This is a scripture which I have seldom heard at any study ever at the Kingdom Hall probably because it is so simple to understand. There is no additional explanation to be had! However, when a JW reads this scripture, you can bet he/she silently says to her/himself, as he has been taught brainwashed to believe: "Oh this is a scripture which applies only to the anointed--not me."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit