Bad jw e-mail of the week ***Warning: Hurl Alert***

by RisingEagle 22 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Bible is short for biblioteca which means library in Spanish

• Superfine Apostate
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Correct me if I am wrong but, does the expression "New world" appear in the NWT? i can think of "New heavens and new earth" but not new world .So if I am right then his argument is deflated.

Of course they also use the commonly accepted divisions of chapters and verses that was not original - being added for convenience sometime in the Middle Ages

PS> "Would you like a free home Scripure study" - no, I don't think it will catch on...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

bloody idiot leading the idiots.

I mean come on now. it's known as the freaking bible no matter where you go - do they honestly believe that this is so significat - (and the jdubs nod)

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I am so nauseous after reading that *hurl*.

• oldflame
    oldflame
    for them to have an accurate translation

Barf ! Barf !

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

These guys are so full of shit that I don't know how they walk without an enema.

Jeff

• vitty
    vitty
    And yet, they released the first edition of the NWT in the 1950s, and released another edition, WITH CHANGES, in 1984. Must have gone wrong!

Does anyone have a list of changes ?????????

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    When you think about the translation committee and how important it
    was for them to have an accurate translation, even down to the title,
    it garners even greater respect for these men and the work they did.

These are the stumper questions I use with my JW family on the subject:

Who are these men? What are their qualifications to translate a book written in dead languages?

Would you let an anonymous doctor perform open heart surgery on you? (These "translators" are anonymous)

Would you let a person with no formal medical training operate on your brain?(None had formal training. I think Franz had a semester of Greek, BFD)

If you went to a hundred doctors for a second opinion on a serious medical condition and ninety-nine agreed on a diagnosis and treatment but only one dissented, would you choose the dissenter? (The NWT disagrees with almost every other translation out there on key texts such as John 1:1, to trust the "dissenter" with your life is foolish).

Burn

• changeling
    changeling

Why do I read these threads??? I know they will irritate me, but I can't stop...It's like watching a train wreck!

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit