Any EXJW Catholic's?

by Wordly Andre 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

ha ha ha Anglicans are most welcome ha ha ha it is pretty much the same thing I've been to an Anglican church in England

• looseend
    looseend

I don't know which is worse catholic or JW. I mean really. If you can find things wrong with JWs you should most certainly be able to find things wrong with the catholic faith as well.

Here it is. If god's word existed it would not be that difficult to find. It says that in the bible.

Get off the sea-saw.

• Zico
    Zico

Andre,

I'm not Catholic, but am also a Christian ('protestant' I guess) I'm happy you found a denomination that makes you happy! :) Catholicism is definitely nothing like the Jehovah's Witnesses, it's certainly not a cult!

• thepackage
    thepackage

Was Catholic, become a brain-washed JW, not really doing any church thing right now but I have gone to Mass for family events. Not sure if I'll ever be religous again.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I have had several ex-JW friends convert to Catholicism. Some of them were at Bethel:

Tom and Gloria Cabeen

Cris and Norma Sanchez

plus a few others. If you think "sola scritura" is valid, might want to read "Catholicism and Fundamentalism" by Karl Keating. Good read!

Randy

http://www.freeminds.org

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My kids have been going to the Wednesday Mass because they have a kids program the neighbors teach. Last week they all went carolling at the nursing home. I want to go to Midnight Mass for Christmas, but evidently I am the only one of the group. I am attracted to the rituals and symbolism. Went to the Church for an aunts wedding years ago and it was all so beautiful.

I just can't commit to a weekly thing again, and then there is the wrestling with my son thing I hated at meetings. But I like the kids programs. Our neighbors call themselves Cafeteria Catholics, they just take what they need.

momz

• kazar
    kazar

Was raised a Catholic-converted to JW's. I am agnostic now. t I would really like to believe in a supreme being but I can't go on faith any longer.

• chickpea
    chickpea

lapsed catholic/faded dub..... so far, cant seem to keep the faith

• Tara
    Tara

My dad and all that side of the family were/are Catholics. I have been going to Christmas midnight mass with a Catholic friend for almost 30 years...before, during, and after JWdom. I love Catholic churches. They are so beautiful and serene.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Get off the sea-saw.

Go rain on someone else's parade. I'm sure there there is an inane thread out there with your name on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit