Any EXJW Catholic's?

by Wordly Andre 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I left the Catholic Church in 1958 and was baptized a Jehovah's Witness, but I reverted back to Catholicism in 1966 and was disfellowshipped for apostasy. I'm quite active nowadays; I'm involved with the Secular Franciscans, Adoration, lectoring, Good News Outreach Soup Kitchen, etc.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Guilty! I'm looking forward to Midnight Mass.

Randy mentioned Karl Keating's book Catholicism and Fundamentalism. I agree it's an.excellent book! Keating's group also publishes a good magazine entitled This Rock. Several years of articles can be read online at:

http://www.catholic.com/magazines/thisrock.asp

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I just received an email on Tom Cabeen, DogPatch. Too bad it is in Spanish. I will link to it here:

http://www.voxfidei.com/prodigos/6e05.asp

Burn

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Fascinating. Is there an English version anywhere? I can make out some of it, but my Spanish is not so good.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Randy:

If you think "sola scritura" is valid, might want to read "Catholicism and Fundamentalism" by Karl Keating. Good read!

I'm reading it right now. You're right about it being a good read.

W

• sosad
    sosad

i am not Catholic but my husband and three sons are. I go back and forth between wishing I could be Catholic and hating Sunday mornings

• looseend
    looseend

Awww and just when I was beggining to like you. Are you still feeling unfulfilled?

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I didn't mean for this thread to be a fight or debate on beliefs, I know there are a lot of people here on our forum that have very strong views and after going through what all of us went through with the JW's we have some sore spots when it comes to religion, sorry I didn't want touch those sore spots. I am very happy in my life as a Catholic, however it took me 10 years to come to it. It all started while on a month long vacation in Ireland, my father had passed away a month before, just before he died he told me that he would never forgive me for turning my back on Jehovah, and that I dissappointed him so very much, and he would die never forgiving me, that was a lot to take while my dad lay on his hospital bed dying of cancer, on top of that my ex and I also just settled our divorce, so I felt I needed to get away. While on my normal tour of Ireland I went inside of a church to take some pictures of this beautiful big old church, I really really wish I could remember the name of it but it was near the Guinness factory. There was a Priest there who welcomed me when I walked in the door and sat with me just talking, he told me that I was always welcomed and if I wanted to stay they were just about to start mass, he gave me paper about the church, smiled and said I'm glad you came here today, and walked away. For the first time in my life I felt like I belonged in church, I felt like this is what it's all about, I felt the presence of god. After I came back home I decided to start taking my grandma to mass, then I started RCIA. I am only sharing this with you guys because if you knew me before this, I was so very hateful when it came to religion, I wanted nothing to do with god, religions, elders, pastors, rabbi's Nothing what so ever, if you had started to even talk to me about religion I would tell you where to go and how to get there.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Thanks Andre,

Sorry for jumping into the fight on your thread. Maybe I should just learn to shut up and take it. Your experience shows that words do little good. Sonething else is needed.

Merry Christmas

Burn

• looseend
    looseend
    Sorry for jumping into the fight on your thread. Maybe I should just learn to shut up and take it.

That's what I was thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit