fading away quietly

by DIM 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

DIM; I have a friend in Seattle, I can ask her... her mum was a bit of a Witness for a while, so she'd be sympathetic and would probably say 'Yay'.

Let me know if there are no other offers and I'll get in contact with her (I live the other side of the World... hey, you want to tell them your moving to Holland?).

Keep on rocking in the free world...

• target
    target

DIM:

We moved a year ago from Wisconsin to Arizona. We told the Elders that we would be renting for awhile and didn't know exactly what area we would end up in so when we settled in a congregation they would be contacted. At that time we were still attending meetings but having a lot of doubts. We attended some meetings here but found no one was the least bit interested in us. That made it easy to stop going to meetings. When we moved into our new house we never told them. No one has ever checked on us. Our son and his family checked out several congregations and found that after they found out he wasn't an elder or MS, they had no interest in him or his family. They stopped going and no one ever checks on them either. My conclusion is that most of the time, they really don't care what becomes of you. As soon as you are out the door, you are forgotten. Just think about others who moved away from you congregation and how soon they were forgotten. Moving away is really an easy way to get out.

• conflicted
    conflicted

DIM, can I ask you a couple questions? If you'd rather not answer that's fine.

Are you moving strictly to get away from the JW's? Because there are easier ways to get rid of them than moving across the country.

If you are trying to break away and have no intensions of going back what do you care what happens to your publisher card.

It may sound harsh, and there may be circumstances that I don't know about, but if you want to leave, leave. They don't have any right to know where you are going or why, you don't tell them anything - just go. If they call you hang up the phone, if they come to your door you close it. It's really that easy.

I don't mean to offend, and like I said, there may be circumstances that prohibit you from cutting away like that, but if not why drag it out?

• DIM
    DIM

hi conflicted,

the primary reason we are moving to seattle is because my wife wants to finish her degree in teaching at the U of Washington.

we want out of this religion (and we have for some time), but want to do it in a way that will allow us to keep our relationships w/ our families. that is why doing the right thing w/ the publisher record card is important to me - i don't want to have any questions raised.

• conflicted
    conflicted

I see. The family part does make it a bit more difficult, I think the suggestion by Kismet sounds like it would work - sorry, I don't have a suggestion of my own, I was just being nosey.

I hope it works out for you and your wife, good luck.

• target
    target

DIM:

We were in "The Truth" for 30 years and always felt bad that neither of us had any family who were JWs. Now, that is something we are very grateful for. That will make it tougher for you. We have JW friends back in Wisconsin that we stay in touch with but so far we haven't told them that we quit meetings and unless they come right out and ask or come to visit, they won't know the difference. I don't think either will happen. I guess my advice is to take one step at a time. Make the move and then when it comes up, tell relatives you haven't been "making the meetings lately". Your schedules are very busy and conflict with meeting times and just let it evolve from there. You never know, maybe some of the relatives will wake up eventually, too.
    What do they think of the UN scandal?

• DIM
    DIM

need to resurrect this topic....some more questions....

do letters from a congregation have their own unique letterhead or the WTS letterhead? (don't want the form letter to raise suspicions)

are there any former service overseers here that post that can let me know more of what to expect?

anyone who is in the Seattle area, or even who has a WA mailing address who would be willing to have our publisher record cards forwarded to them and then would forward them to me, please email me at [email protected]

thanks for all of the replies...i'm moving in 3 weeks and i'm starting to get a little nervous about all of this.

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

ballistic,

I disagree with the first statement you made.

I've been out two years, and they've heard of my 'new' opinions, and no JC as of yet.

Interesting. I'm no elder's son, either. Just regular Joe Blow.

Depends on the cong, I think.

ashi

• Prisca
    Prisca

bttt

• DIM
    DIM

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit