I Talked To A JW Yesterday About "The Truth"

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Well done minimus. Short, sweet and friendly. When he thinks back on your conversation there will be nothing negative in the way to deflect from the true issues.

changeling

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

That is the kind of elder they are getting these days? Shouldn't SOMEONE be a true believer? Is everybody in there just to keep their families happy and/or because they don't know what they would do with their time otherwise?

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    I then remarked that there are a lot of "good" people that are Witnesses and then asked him, Do you think YOU'D ever leave The Organization?" He replied that he'd be a liar if he ever said that he hadn't thought about it but since there was nothing "better" that he could find yet, he'd stay where he was.

Many I know have issues with college and the generation teaching as well. Many have invested soooo much time in the org., they do not want to leave. My wife felt I would leave her when I left the org, she can see that that was not the case, so she supports me.

• minimus
    minimus

If the average Witness is not a true believer and does not have faith in the FDS, the Organization better worry. They might have numbers but the Society, historically, never regarded numbers as being better than a strong core. Better to have less with 100% commitment than have an inflated impressive number that can't be counted on.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It would not suprise me if there were many others like this -in otherwords he is just the tip of the iceberg

• twistedsister
    twistedsister

Its been awhile since I was at a KH - what is the orgs current stand on post secondary education?

Leah

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good job, Mini Mouse.

Had you considered saying, "How can you be an elder? You would have to
    promote the current light on college and blood." ?

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, I didn't want to alienate, just yet.I think he KNEW where I was going with things. I just didn't want to attack or sound like a raging "apostate".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Had you considered saying, "How can you be an elder? You would have to
    promote the current light on college and blood." ?

I didn't suggest waving your arms and shouting at him. I think it was
    a legitimate thinking question, but I understand how you only go so far.

• Farkel
    Farkel

minimus,

Be sure to count your "witnessing" time and turn it into me. If you don't meet your quota, I will relieve you from your position of "JWD Chief Executive Fluff Officer!"

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit