Comments and questions that came to mind while on "the" site.

by bite me 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Grammy
    Grammy

Matthew Chapter 2 verses 9-12

Notice verse 11

9 After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the eastwent ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. 10 When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. 12 And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.

• Rooster
    Rooster

Merry Christmas everyone.

• bite me
    bite me

I just looked it up..

Amazingly that is correct (as what it says also in the KJV, and I'm not KJV only, I use others as well. :-) )

The King James Version (Authorized)
    alt
    Matthew 2 Read This Chapter
    2:11
    And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented F5 unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh
  • oompa
    oompa
    RisingEagle:

Rooster quoted this: And when they went into the house they saw the young child with Mary its mother, and, falling down, they did obeisance to it.

I thought he was in a manger, barn, cave or something? How have I never nocticed a house?....................oompa

Dr. Luke is the only writer that describes the birth of the Christ child and he does mention a manger or feeding trough. The quote above is from Matthew and may have taken place much later, "young child" later.

Mr. Eagle, I don't see how that can be. They came at Jesus Birth, not a long time later. It could not have been later cause Herod would have been after them, and God scared them in a vision to make them run away. Much later and he would have been a Herod Kills the Firstborn victim, and if Jesus had stayed around he would have stuck out like an uncircumsized PENIS. So if they came for the birth, and luke and Mathew both mention them being there and bringing gifts and WORSHIPING this lad, how could it have taken place much later???? And check this out when I looked into your "Young Child" point. Can you believe the word baby is only said ONE time in the Bible, and that by Jesus :

Woe to the pregnant women and the ones suckling a baby in those days!

It does appear by three writers, but he only said it once. Any more thoughts on the house/child thingy???.....oompa

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

"MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT". Nothing more, nothing less. I wish you all good health and deck the halls.

nomoreguilt

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle
    Mr. Eagle, I don't see how that can be. They came at Jesus Birth, not a long time later. It could not have been later cause Herod would have been after them, and God scared them in a vision to make them run away. Much later and he would have been a Herod Kills the Firstborn victim, and if Jesus had stayed around he would have stuck out like an uncircumsized PENIS. So if they came for the birth, and luke and Mathew both mention them being there and bringing gifts and WORSHIPING this lad, how could it have taken place much later???? And check this out when I looked into your "Young Child" point. Can you believe the word baby is only said ONE time in the Bible, and that by Jesus :

Woe to the pregnant women and the ones suckling a baby in those days!

It does appear by three writers, but he only said it once. Any more thoughts on the house/child thingy???.....oompa

Okay, admittedly I am not very good at arguing biblical points. It's just not my 'thing' anymore, so bear with me. As far as I can tell the Magi would have visited the young Jesus sometime between 41 days after his birth and up to him being 2 years of age. Why? Because the passage in Luke says that Jesus was presented in the temple at Jerusalem along with his parents. Mary's 'unclean' state would have been over at 40 days (Lev 12:1-4). It was only after the Magi made their visit that Joseph was told in a dream to flee. If they had been fleeing or attempting to there wouldn't have been any time for the presentation.

The possible two year old thing is just because Herod killed off all the children in Bethlehem 2 years and younger.

Edited to add: If that argument doesn't make any sense, just consider the misunderstanding of the scriptures as my error. And have a Merry Christmas!

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi oompa,

You asked: "And when they went into the house they saw the young child with Mary its mother, and, falling down, they did obeisance to it. I thought he was in a manger, barn, cave or something? How have I never noticed a house?"

It is my understanding that it is possible people lived in the upper level of the house while the animals were housed within the lower level of the house.

Doug

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

those bastards fooled me once........ they will not fool me again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit