Personal Development Milestone

by Mincan 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Mincan
    Mincan

Here's where I'm at presently, this has happened within the last two weeks and seems to get stronger.

- I see my life more objectively, and it doesn't bother me much.

- I don't care to read about religion, what's wrong with it, etc (I know it is and I don't feel that I need to keep preoccupying my mind with it)

- I don't feel any anger or hostility towards JWs or the WTS in particular.

- I don't feel like my life was stolen from me, cause, you know, I was there, I lived it. (As I've mentioned before, lived it pretty damn well I have to admit compared with billions of other humans)

- I see the good that has come from my JW upbringing

- I'm allowing my mother back into my life and not shutting her out. Nor to I feel any bitterness or anger towards her anymore for what she did. I love her very much and she did what she had to do and what she thought was right.

- I can't regret the experiences that have made me who I am, none of us can, that is pointless.

- I have no intention of any more pranks, jokes, spying, or otherwise counter-watchtower society activities.

- If a JW wants to talk to/associate/hang out with me, that's great, give everyone a chance, but religion will be off limits. If they want to bring it up (as they invariably will, and again, it's their mindset, not the person in particular) then that will be it for our relationship. I will extend the same courtesy and not bring up pedophile/etc topics.

- I no longer tell people I was a JW. It doesn't mean anything anymore that they would need to know it. That mindset no longer dominates my thinking or actions I carry out, so people don't need to be "forewarned".

- I am more assertive/self preservating all around, so I can take responsibility for my own social ****-ups and not blame them on my JW upbringing, afterall, if you don't make a fool out of yourself, you will never have any fun.

- I've had existential crises, and I know I'll have them again, but I've moved past the point where I absolutely feel with my being that I must replace what I've lost with a new ontology.

- Time to move on!

I'm thrilled to be at this point. I knew it would come eventually, but I thought it would take another year or more. People that rant and rave about the witnesses just annoy me now. It doesn't help anything. I know it is a very very crucial stage for one to go through though, so I am respectful and polite while listening to these rants, but I will avoid association with someone whose sole conversation is reminiscing about JW days for humour or bitching.

The next stage will probably be that of wanting to help newly ousted ones.

Feel free to critique my writing here or share your own thoughts on your "Personal Development." Althought keep in mind that is not the purpose of the thread, as there is another one with that purpose that I myself have already commented on and which quasi-inspired this thread.

• changeling
    changeling

((((((((((((((((mincan))))))))))))))))))

I'm so very proud of you!

Enjoy the rest of your life,

Peace,

changeling

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Sounds like you have achieved personal autonomy and contentment. Good for you. Some people don't get there until middle-age. Some never get there.

Great philosophy!

Cog

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Min - The only way I could be any happier is if you were already here and I was giving you a big hug!

GREAT PROGRESS

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

((((((((((Mincan))))))))))

Wow, what great progress. Good for you!

• JK666
    JK666

mincan,

Glad that things are coming into focus for you. I'll see you at A&W's.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

Mincan- Hey dude ! Loved your thread . Great stuff . Glad to see you are feeling more clarity in your life guy. You know my wife and I love you and a the risk of sounding too sentimental , I'm proud of you and if you were here I'd give you a man hug, ya know kind of half hug stuff ! Still ,gotta look cool about it ! You should be proud of how you have educated yourself to get through some rough spots in life here . Keep the good work up friend ! Peace out Mr. Flipper

Dude! That is so cool. It's been a trip, sometimes a scary one, to watch you jump right in and push your way through some hellish stuff. I'd say you have "walked through the fire". We love you, whippersnapper - keep on keepin' on! Flip out, Mrs. Peace

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I like.

I have printed your post and will read it daily, I have to ease my negativity some. Thanks for this.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Wonderful, I am so proud of you.

Bobbi

• eclipse
    eclipse

You are an amazing person, Mincan

I really enjoyed reading your post and I feel so happy for you for coming so far in a relatively short period of time.

Good for you! You should be very proud of what you've accomplished mentally/emotionally at such a young age.

So many are much older and still clinging onto their pain and bitterness, instead of understanding what you have realized

-letting go of anger is not absolving that religion/parental upbringing of wrong doing-

it is only about moving on with your life - replacing resentment with inner peace and happiness.

You are finally free....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit