For The Musicians Here (And Everyone Else!)

by Locutus of Borg 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

L,

Check out this clip of Adrian with just his resonator. I would love to learn to play it on mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78svrAnk1_w&feature=related

JK

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger

Locutus: He's Dead.. Does that count? I think Roy along with Danny Gatton were two of the most underrated Tele manipulators ever. Too bad both experienced untimely ends.

On Van Morrison's Wave Length album, he had a song called Kingdom Hall. Going to the Hall must have had some impact on him, but it didn't sound like any Hall I've been to..

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    I really hate it when people refer to band's as "he" or "his", or something like that. Reminds me of a 7th grade teacher I had that was totally out of touch, and trying to "casually converse" with the students, about "how he saw Lynyrd Skynyrd and what a wild man guitar player HE WAS." He went on and on about it for about 5 minutes, continually making "he" references, and finally I informed him Lynyrd Skynyrd was the band name not a person in the band, he got all red in the face and walked away.

What is more worrying is that a teacher would even want to spend time discussing anything apart from the curiculum with their students, who are invariably arrogant, self-absorbed and think that every thought that issues from their acne-encrusted lips is the first time that the world has been blessed with such brilliant ideas.

HS

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

I'm really conflicted! I was in a band and we did Comfortably Numb. I hate the song...I love Van Morrison and am not a big Pink Floyd fan...so here's the conflict...David Gilmour gave me goosebumps in that video and I think Van stunk it up with his part! Van's getting old I think...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit