For The Musicians Here (And Everyone Else!)

by Locutus of Borg 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

I come in late on many threads here because of the demands of my job and other responsibilities. So . . I did not get to participate in a couple of recent music vid threads.

So I guess this is my own selfish little bid for attention!! LOL!!

This vid is Van Morrison and Roger Waters doing the Pink Floyd song "Comfortably Numb". I first heard this version when I watched the movie "The Departed"

It inspired me to learn some floyd stuff. I thought I was a pretty good guitar player till Roger Waters and David Gilmour showed me where my limits are . . . but I'm working hard to get to the next level.

Just wanted to share this song, I thought Van really brought ALOT to the table in this performance . . .

Enjoy!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dc45zHdfRg

BTW . . .Wasn't Van raised in the Borg??

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Loved the movie- "The Departed".

Hated the rendition of the Pink Floyd classic- "Comfortably Numb".

You are the first person (out of dozens I've spoken to ) that liked the version in "The Departed".

Just proves the meaning of the word "subjectve" hasn't changed yet.

BA.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

BA . . interesting comment, you are obviously a big PF fan . .

I was not a "huge" pf fan before, and now I am listening to them more with the goal of learning some of the music.

Now, I "AM" a huge Hendrix and SRV fan . . and I take the same stance towards "alternate" renditions/covers of Hendrix and SRV stuff that you did with this piece that inspired me . . .

I learned something already . . I "WILL" celebrate anyone discovering SRV or Hendrix because of another atists alternate take on the original . . .

Thanks BA!!

Rock on, peace, out

• prophecor
    prophecor

Well it's better late than to have never Floyded at all. Emotionally wrenching, bare bones, raw a raucious. Pink Floyd is an American Icon and will be celebrated long after we, he and all of his protege's are gone.

Shine On You Craxy Diamond

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg
    Pink Floyd is an American Icon

I thought they were a bunch of bloody limeys . . . ( apologies to our bloody limey friends here . .)

• prophecor
    prophecor

We Stole Em From The Mother Land

• avishai
    avishai

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P5ppxerxC3g

Here's another version w/ Gilmour and a very special guest.....

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Pink Floyd was not a person, that's the group name, same as Lynyrd Skynyrd, there wasn't a "Leonard" in the group. Leonard Skinner was their gym coach. I really hate it when people refer to band's as "he" or "his", or something like that. Reminds me of a 7th grade teacher I had that was totally out of touch, and trying to "casually converse" with the students, about "how he saw Lynyrd Skynyrd and what a wild man guitar player HE WAS." He went on and on about it for about 5 minutes, continually making "he" references, and finally I informed him Lynyrd Skynyrd was the band name not a person in the band, he got all red in the face and walked away.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg
    Pink Floyd was not a person

Bluesbreaker, who in this thread made such a heinous accusation that PF was "A" person?

EVERY band is a sum of it's parts. And when any of those parts leave, the Sum is now different from before.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Heinious Person I..

Oh by the...Which One's Pink?

Art of the Ignorant Floyidian Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit