"Ring" or "Knock" ? --- "Once" or "twice" ?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Depended on how big of a nutjob I was partnered with. If it was a crazed drone, I did the minimum I could get away with. If I was by myself or with another wannabe escapee from the Borg, I would knock as softly as possible or not at all and hold my breath as I skittered away from the door!

brunn

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Tap lightly. . . don't wake the baby!

There was an old fella in the cong where I grew up. He was a boxer when he was young, but now he was in his final years - nearly blind and nearly deaf. But he would knock on the doors with the tip of his middle finger. Old dude was like a freakin rock. His one finger banged louder than I could with my fist.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Typically I would ring twice, or ring once and knock once if I didn't hear the doorbell. I have worked with people that would knock on the doorframe, very hard so it would go through the whole structure. I hated that. I would knock lightly enough to have the bare minimal chance of the householder hearing it, and try to leave before they had a chance to respond.

I like the idea of dummy-ringing the doorbell. Problem is, the witlesses I worked with wouldn't let that go. If they didn't hear the bell (and some of them were deaf and couldn't hear it even when I heard it clearly), they would have me knock (and hard enough so that there would be a chance for some ugly guy from upstairs to come to the door). In my old congregation, dummy knocking did not work.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

This topic reminded me of how retarded that is and looks. Going from house to house, in a suit. It would make it less retarded if it was casual clothes.

• blondie
    blondie

I would ring once. If I didn't hear the bell, I would knock on the outer edge of the door. Leave a tract and on my way.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

If they looked like they were home I would knock.

If the house looked empty I would knock, then ring the bell then ring the bell again when I was sure nobody was home.

The longer I spent at an empty house meant the less I had to talk to people.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I knock 3 times with one knuckle on the door frame

if now movement inside within 10 seconds I relax and burn another minute or 2 standing there knowing no one is home.

i HATE when dogs bark and run to the door...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ditto blondie's answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit