"Ring" or "Knock" ? --- "Once" or "twice" ?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

In the Field Service, I never rang the door bell. I would knock all the time, because a person could be working midnight to eight and I could wake them up. OK, the real reason was that I didn't want them to answer the door.

And I would knock like this: "knock knock knock".......Then I'd wait about 30 seconds and then another "knock knock knock" but not any harder...and I'd walk away with contentment.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I guess to begin with I was a die hard ring twice and then knock twice. At the end of my career, I would knock lightly, and then walk away quickly. Many times I would say a silent prayer like, Please don't be home. They didn't want me there and I didn't want to be there either. I think alot of the friends felt this way also.

nomoreguilt

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

KNOCK - Three times

• free2think
    free2think

I would try to tap once or twice after listening to hear if anyone was in.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

last time I was out in service, geesh I think we were still in the cold war and the berlin wall was still up, Micheal Jackson was black, I think the Laser disc had just come out, and I was all about the Sex Pistols

• changeling
    changeling

Ya'll need to ask Bigdreaux about Bro. Miller's knocking methods!

changeling

• kls*
    kls*

I did none . I hated to bother people so i let the drone i was with do the dirty work as i hid

• knock knock
    knock knock

Knock. Only two times. So it was either knock knock talk or knock knock walk.

• willyloman
    willyloman

This reminds me of the last several months I was still "in" when I had one eye on the exit.

I hated going out in FS because I felt like a hypocrite; I wasn't about to try to convince somebody they should join this religion or read any of its literature. When forced to work with somebody, I'd read a scripture from the Bible and that was my presentation. Thanks for listening, have a nice day. Whenever I could, I'd maneuver the car group so there was an odd number and I'd work by myself. Thoughtful elder taking the lead . Then I'd walk quietly up to the door, press my finger on a spot on the wall near the doorbell, and stand there for a minute. Sometimes, if dubs were walking by or across the street, I'd repeat the process. Then I'd mosey up the street to the next door and start over. This usually went on for about 20-30 minutes, and then somebody would suggest coffee and away we'd go.

It worked for a time, but I don't think I could have done it for very long. Such a waste of time. Of course, that's what all FS is.

• Dark Lord of the Evil Slave Class
    Dark Lord of the Evil Slave Class

I ring first, then knock, and then leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit