if i may ask....

by gotcha 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Saint,

My first recommendation is to stop meditating with the help of hallucinagenic drugs...

one,

I tried the walking at least one hour a day thing like you said, After a week I was almost 50 miles away from home.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeru

There you go making an assumption that i meditate with drugs, and of course making a blanket judgement on that practice. Have you read the book mysticism by evelyn underhill?

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I believe that the meaning is in the question itself.
    The asking of that question presupposes an answer and thus a purpose for life and therfore a creator of life.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• one
    one

YERU,

LOL... sometimes is good to get away from how

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeru

I think i get it. Your comment on meditating w drugs was humor based on my comment on laughing snowflakes. Seriously, i can see why someone would say that, but i wasn't on any drugs at the time, or months before.

• gotcha
    gotcha

thanks saintsatan, metatron, ballistic, frenchy

-- do hallicinogens help? --

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hmmm,

Very good question..

For me, the meaning of my life is to love, and share as much with others as possible, for

We were all born alone, and we will all die alone, but it's what you do together in the time between that counts...

• Introspection
    Introspection

Gotcha,

What is the point in asking, and what is the meaning of such a question? We can each tell you what it means to us, but unless you only want to know how each of us view life then it's not that meaningful, because in terms of your life only you can answer that question.

I think most of us would agree that the questioning is good though, but not all questions have to be directed outward. I do remember this one quote, can't remember the source but it said:

"The meaning of life
    is a life of meaning."

• Introspection
    Introspection
    "To drive your enemies before you, to hear the lamentations of their women." - Conan

LOL! Good call Nathan!

• gotcha
    gotcha

thanks wannahelp and intro

intro --- exactly....i wanted to ask what it was for others....to remind me...of reality

i realized that there's no point in asking...just live....live life...

but...questioning is a part of life hehe getting crazy is another

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit