if i may ask....

by gotcha 45 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Always look on the bright side of life...
    When you're chewing on life's gristle, just give a little whistle.

They say that true love is made of many little stitches.
    So are the happy times in life.

Grasp the nettle, seize the day...

LT

• Introspection
  • ashitaka
    ashitaka

Love.

Not in any smarmy sense, just love, familial, sexual, passionate, brotherly, etc. Any kind. Enjoying life is hinged on people. Most of us need people to be emotionally healthy. I thought that while I was in, and now that I'm out I still think that love is the only thing that matters, that someone could love me....more important than experience and leisure...(even beer!)

• gotcha
    gotcha

just saw american beauty again last nite on tv...would just to leave u guys with the ending quote..

"I suppose I could be pissed off about what happened to me. But it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry, you will--someday."

hope all of us would get to that 'someday'
    thanks all...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hey Gotcha, I know that I could relate when I heard that line in American Beauty.

ashitaka, I agree. And one can't rely on others love either. It has to come from you. What we get from others is a wonderful bonus, but it won't make us happy, not really.

• Francois
    Francois

I have a feeling that in this first life we're doing a great job if we formulate the question correctly, or if we formulate it even closely. Or maybe at all.

I mean, they don't call it the "infinite path" for nothing. What's the rush? We have plenty of time.

Francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit