Observation of WT during Assembly

by Robert7 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

So I recently attended an Assembly day, and this added ammo as to why I am turned off: - They did a very good job saying how anything that is not 'Of Jehovah' is worldly and from the Devil. SO black & white. This includes any thoughts, associations, entertainment, actions, dress, etc. So you must be 100% in agreement with WT doctrine, or you are becoming part of the world. - At least 1/3 of the time was repatition of how this is The Truth and everything is wrong and in darkness. It is obvious that these constant reminders helps convince people that this is the truth. Ironically their definition of the true religion is based on criteria that THEY define! So of course they will meet them. - They specifically said "The ONLY road to salvation and everlasting life is thru the Watchtower Organization". How bold. This means that if you do not adhere to all the rules and control, you risk losing salvation! Talk about control. - There was a reminder not to think worldly thoughts and read any apostate literature (shame on me) because the Devil is sneaky and will try to weaken everyone's spirituality. - Service service service. Constant reminders that you have to keep preaching as much as you can. I have to admit, on the other hand it is so nice to be a blissfully content follower and part of me just wishes I could be like that. You have good friends, a strong faith, and live a clean moral life. Deep down I just don't buy it and I just can't force myself to do it, which is why I am here... Any thoughts?

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Pedophile scandal
    UN membership scandal
    Tacoma parking financial scandal
    etc.

They can say all they want, but the facts are out there. The theocratic warfare is covering up the real truth.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    have to admit, on the other hand it is so nice to be a blissfully content follower and part of me just wishes I could be like that. You have good friends, a strong faith, and live a clean moral life. Deep down I just don't buy it and I just can't force myself to do it, which is why I am here

You can have those things without organized religion and especially without the JW's, imho. Oh and your good JW friends will totally ignore you and cut you out of their lives if and when you decide to not believe in the same religion as they do, just in case you have forgotten or did know.

nj

• xjwms
    xjwms

I have concluded, ...

Its all about Control.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome to the forum.

So you must be 100% in agreement with WT doctrine, or you are becoming part of the world.

Ironically their definition of the true religion is based on criteria that THEY define! So of course they will meet them.

I have to admit, on the other hand it is so nice to be a blissfully content follower and part of me just wishes I could be like that.

Excellent observations.
    I have seen so many people who don't really agree with 100%, yet manage to defend the
    doctrines they don't really believe in. They are blissfully content.

The Kingdom News release last year certainly did that "True religion would..." thing where
    they told you things that JW's think only "they" do. That helps for the blissfully content.

More and more young people are not blissfully content. More and more outsiders are getting
    the real truth from the internet before becoming JW's.

• freydi
    freydi

I certainly agree with that assessment. Anything that is not written or orated by the borg is worldly and therefore you have no other alternative to life than meetings, study, service and an occasional wedding or picnic. All the assemblies sort of run together, as you hear the same droning message ad infinitum with time left only for applause breaks. I guess they never read 1Cor 11:17. Ya think? So much for Heb 10:24

1Cor 11:17 "In the following directives I have no praise for you, for your meetings do more harm than good." NIV

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

You said it! Nothing real in that fantasy land. Guilt, Goading and Guidance, that's their agenda. Don't need it or want it any more. Welcome to the road to freedom. Keep your eyes open and let us know what else you see along the road. W.Once

• Robert7
    Robert7

Here's what I loved. They announced "How amazing it is that over 6 million worldwide are united in worship" How is it united when you are forced to adhere to the doctrine and if you stray in any way you get smacked? These people don't choose to be united, they are forced to!

• zack
    zack

Welcome to the board!

JW friends will dump you and think they are doing you a favor, once you question the Borg....

Ignorance is bliss.... I think you'll prefer freedom and knowledge.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You are supposed to agree with the Governing Body 100% in order to have a mayby shot at salvation (and that's if you are able to spend all of every day out in field circus and go to all their multitude of boasting sessions). That is totally impossible unless someone has the absolute truth and is able to totally back it up.

I can think of things I do not totally agree with other posters on myself. The recent Danny Haszard incident is one. Many took sides with whether he was within his rights or what should happen to him; not everyone took my position. Which religion is the correct one for someone that has left the Watchtower Society is up for argument, and I am totally open to whatever anyone wants to do. Medicine and environmental issues are other issues I am not totally in agreement with everyone on. But that doesn't make them any less of a value.

Besides being absolutely right and having sound proof, I can think of no other way besides initiatory coercion to get everyone totally in agreement. Threatening people with disfellowshipping and destruction if they don't totally agree is just about the only way. And that always suppresses the real truth. They don't have the absolute truth, and they use specious logic instead of sound reasoning to back it up (I have noted many stock answers that they give. They have a little book of stock answers called the "Reasoning(??)" book.

A whole third of the program devoted to the same doctrine. Watch out for apostates. Be in fear of Satan the Devil. If that's what they are going to devote the program to, then I have no reason to go. I just got in five minutes what they are going to waste a whole day on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit