Observation of WT during Assembly

by Robert7 19 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Welcome to the forum Robert

Yes, I sat through the same sorts of assemblies, thinking the same exact things. They define what truth is because they have the power to do so. You're opening your eyes, congrats!

• sir82
    sir82

Sounds about in line with the CO's Sunday "public" talk I heard recently.

Something about "Trusting the authenticity of the Bible"

Minute after minute of making completely unsupported assertions, over and over and over and over.

"Science has proved the Bible accurate. In the time of Columbus, people thought the world was flat - but Job whatever whatever says the earth is hanging upon nothing."

"History has probed the Bible right [30 seconds of some obscure point or other]"

"Archaeology has proved the Bible right [30 more seconds of some vague reference to something]"

"The Bible's explanation for the origin of the languages and races has been proved right [no reference to anything here]"

Just assertion after assertion, no logic, no support, scarcely even any scriptures read. Not that CO talks are anything special, but this was easily one of the worst I've ever heard.

I think they've given up on trying to reason, and are falling into the "repeat it often enough, and people will believe it to be true" camp.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

The JW org can say all they want that they are the only true church and that all others are of the devil. It doesn't make it true. I know that they aren't and will go further and state that they are a falsehood, persecuting those they claim are persecuting them, Christians. My mother does not have a peaceful faith. Her faith is not in God but in this Org. It used to bother me that my mother would think that we had no hope of eternal life because we didn't belong to this org, but I have since found out that she doesn't even believe this. I have never been a witness but I sense that this org has replaced Jesus. I don't know if they are in competition with Jesus or whether they feel it would be divided loyalties to believe in both God and Jesus. They seem to deny him re Salvation, Mediator, the Memorial, his birth. How are we saved? The JW's believe to be saved they must come to the org but Jesus said to come to him. Where shall we go? We go to Jesus. I think these bible verses speak for themselves. John 14:6-Jesus answered "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my father as well. John 3:16 & 18 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.........Whovever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life. But whoever rejects the Son will not see life... John 5:39 You diligently study the scriptures because you think that by them you posess eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. John 6:28-29 What must we do to do the works God requires: Jesus answered, The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent. John 6:40 For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. Acts 4:11 Salvation is found in no one else. For there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 11:26 The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch. (not Jehovah Witnesses) Acts 26:13-18 (Saul/Paul on the way to Damascus) I saw a light from heaven, brigher than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? ....then I asked, Who are you, Lord? I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting, the Lord replied. (Jesus didn't materialize in 1914, He is the same yesterday, today and forever) Romans 10-9 That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.....For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile-the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, everyone who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 3:10 We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin.......There is no one who is righteous, not even one, there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God..... 2 Cor 4:4 the god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you-unless of course you fail the test. Galatians 17-6-8 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel-which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned. 1 Tim 3:6 This is good and pleases God our Saviour who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men. Titus 3:4-7 But when the kindness and love of God our Saviour appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Saviour, so that having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

• minimus
    minimus

It has always been about "us vs. them" in their mentality. They do not want you to be exposed to anyone or anything that could get you thinking out of the box. When they isolate people from the rest of the "world", they succeed in keeping a person in bondage. "As this system nears its conclusion"....they will clamp down mentally even more on their subjects.

They are losing people, no matter what they purport their figures to be, and the bunker mentality is strengthened. This is a C U L T .

• R.F.
    R.F.
    They specifically said "The ONLY road to salvation and everlasting life is thru the Watchtower Organization". How bold. This means that if you do not adhere to all the rules and control, you risk losing salvation! Talk about control.

Bold indeed. If JWs can only open their Bibles and realise that salvation isn't dependent on membership in a certain organisation, they wouldn't have to put up with this religion. That's one thing that really irked me even as I was an active JW - the thought that you must be in full lock-step with the org in order to gain God's approval. Whatever happened to having a personal relationship with him being a factor?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

What happened to having a personal relationship with God? Interesting, I recently had relatives staying at the house along with my parents. Yes, believe it or not - me and my domestic partner of 20 years hosted Witness relatives in our home, and no one burst into flames. My aunt kept harping on my near-apostate father - get this - how:

Jehovah reads the heart, and that's all that matters. It doesn't matter whether you belive everything the Society says or not.

I doin't know if that makes her weak or strong in "truth", but it was refreshing. Clearly her stand wouldn't be appreciated or understood by the WTS. Dad is going through a crisis of conscience himself, and has been since Armageddon (1975). He wants to be in but his integrity and logic are gasping for air as he tries to conform. It was amazing to me that my aunt would be bringing aid in this way, telling him to lighten up and believe what you want.

She also came up with:

How amazing it is that over 6 million worldwide are united in worship.

To which, sadly or happily, all I can say is - yeah, out of 6,700,000,000+ they have less than .1%. Not a resounding success for the absolute Truth for Mankind.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Where's Jesus? Compare how much the first century Christians, like Paul, preached Jesus and how much the Watchtower society does.

The Watchtower Society is an IDOL that has usurped the honour that is due to Jesus. It has produced nothing but 6.6million Watchtowerites worshipping the Watchtower IDOL, not genuine Christians.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Where's Jesus? Compare how much the first century Christians, like Paul, preached Jesus and how much the Watchtower society does.

The Watchtower Society is an IDOL that has usurped the honour that is due to Jesus. It has produced nothing but 6.6million Watchtowerites worshipping the Watchtower IDOL, not genuine Christians.

Agreed.

You can't even mention Jesus alot around JWs without getting strange looks. If you don't mention the Organisation enough and you will still get strange looks.
  • Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    They specifically said "The ONLY road to salvation and everlasting life is thru the Watchtower Organization".

Oh yeah? In my book something can only be new if it never existed before. Therefore, "new light" only exists where there was darkness.

There are so many examples; 1914, 607 BC, the "generation" change ....

The true road to salvation is supposed to be a well-lit one ... something the WT can't claim.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    "The ONLY road to salvation and everlasting life is thru the Watchtower Organization"

oooer i thought the only road to salvation and everlasting life was through Jesus?!?!

Since when did the Watchtower supersede Jesus?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit