Good JW Growth for 2007

by voltaire 21 Replies latest jw friends

• voltaire
    voltaire

Dear All,

I don't see that anyone has commented on the 2007 report. I must say I was surprised with the impressive growth, not only worldwide, but in the developing countries which have seen some decrease in the last few years. I suppose it will not inspire any do-you-think-the-WT-will-fall-apart-soon threads. I'm afraid that religion fills a deap-seated need for reassurance and certainty which is not going away anytime soon. Despite the pedophile issue (because of the pedophile issue?) there will probably be consistent growth for the forseeable future. Sorry folks, that's the way it goes.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I have no doubt that the WT printing corp will live forever, or at least as long as there are humans around.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I don't trust their published numbers and never will. You can't believe anything they say anyway. They could be going down the toilet and you would never hear about it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..A 3% growth and the WBT$ still only has 6 million Jehovah`s Witness......They had 6 million when I was a kid.....All that growing and the WBT$ ends up with the same number of members.........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Despite the pedophile issue (because of the pedophile issue?) there will probably be consistent growth for the forseeable future. Sorry folks, that's the way it goes.

I have more faith in human intelligence. Though it is difficult to break free of cult mind control, education will see to it that cults such as the Watchtower Society will decline over time. Not rapidly, but at least gradually. Few JWs, and even fewer of those getting baptised really know the truth about the Watchtower Society. The more people learn how to think and research, rather then accept everything they are told, the better the outlook.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Voltaire says:.."I don't see that anyone has commented on the 2007 report."

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

No offense to the honesthearted ones who attend the halls (there are a few), but no matter how many turds end up in the toliet bowl it's still a bowl full of turds.

brzfst

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Voltaire, there's plenty of hope.

There is no real growth from the people in the territory here in the USA. The growth is from
    immigrants, JW children, and allowing the elderly to post 15 minutes per month as publishers
    in order to bulk up their total numbers.

The immigrants will get tired of it. In the countries they come from, they will tire of it. It will
    eventually happen.

The vast majority of the children will not stay in the JW's. It's just a shame that they are
    baptizing them younger these days. There was a wave of childbirths after the 1995 change
    in "this generation." That wave is getting baptized now. That ends soon.

The 15-minute publishers will pass away and nobody will replace them. They are true-blue JW's
    for the most part, and the next batch are not as loyal to WTS rules and meetings as they are.

3% really only represents falling further behind. The world population is expanding faster than
    that. Plus, the money isn't really coming in like it used to. I don't believe the WTS is in financial
    trouble yet, but they will keep cutting back as the money dwindles. That will severely hinder any
    growth. People going door-to-door with just flyers- that won't attract too many.

World disasters might cause more to join the JW's. In the end, those that flee to the WTS will
    complain once they get there. Cheer up. There's lots of hope.

• journey-on
    journey-on

If they would evade and cover-up the pedophile issue...

If they would lie and excuse their UN association...etc. etc. etc.

they would "cook the books" and exaggerate their figures, imo. I don't trust a word they say. God's organization, my a*s!! They're nothing

but a business. They can publish any statistics they want, but, I, for one, am suspect of anything they print.

• juni
    juni

I've never trusted any stats.... they can be scewed to what you want people to believe.

Another example:

My property tax mil rate went down ....... and they almost wet themselves w/excitement over this news. BUT... they also raised the FAIR MARKET VALUE of houses so that they still maintained their revenue.

NOW... everyone KNOWS that property values went way up this year, right? Not.

I guess my point being... you carefully craft your information and people will think your way and believe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit