calling all firearm freaks...............

by primitivegenius 120 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BrentR
    BrentR
    I love my model 94 Winchester 30-30 and feel it the most fun gun to shoot

Oompa, I have to very much agree with you the good old mod 94 is a great all around rifle to have. I have a 94 and a Marlin both in 30-30 and I will not part with either of them. I don't like the saftey button under the lever since it has gave me a few blood blisters but other then that you can't beat it.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

i just inherited a couple of pistols from my grandfather.......... i thought for a few short minutes that they were actually schofeilds.............. i know i spelt that wrong lol. i was seriously about to jump for joy......... untill i realized i couldnt find S&W anywhere on them............... and that the .45 calibur....... was actually .455. it totally didnt help that my dad claimed to have knowledge of them........ and he described them as .45 calibur calvary pistols with the barrels shot out.............. so naturally i expected great things but the only words on them are spanish............... so i figure they are a couple of .455 webly s&w knockoffs.

rusted and they dont work reliabliy.......... so gonna hafta get them checked over by a gunsmith and find someone who can tell me if they can be restored enough to shoot.

they both lock closed like bank vaults......... but i know they will cost me a small fortune to get restored...... if they werent my grandfathers........... i would make them paperweights. i know that they used to do calibur conversions from .455 webly to .45 acp with moon clips. guess ill see eventually

• primitivegenius
  • Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Can't think of ten more that I'd ad to the collection, but here are half a dozen:

Stoner 63 Mark 23 mod.0

Taurus CIA Model 650SS2 .357 Mag Revolver

Colt .223 HBAR

Walther PPK

Desert Eagle Mark XIX

and the piece de resiatance:

Barrett M107 .50 Cal

Yeah one of these bad boyz-

• eclipse
  • inkling
    inkling
    1.) a pair of

What exactly does a normal person do with a PAIR of handguns? Besides shoot a place up Matrix style?

I'm I missing something here?

[inkling]

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I've got a Remington model 710 in .300 Win Mag,

a Springfield Armory 1911 .45 in stainless with Pachmeyer wraparound grips

A Romanian SAR-1 AK-47 with black polymer stocks and 2-30 rd magazines.

A Mossberg 500 12 ga with tactical gear.

A replica of a Remington 1858 black powder revolver in high gloss stainless.

I would like to get an AR-15-style rifle chambered in the new 6.8 spc.

I like the Desert Eagle .50 AE a lot.

A Styer AUG would be cool although I don't care for the .223 round.

I think the Franchi SPAS is pretty cool.

• BrentR
    BrentR

BA mentioned the Barret 50 cal and back when I was an FFL dealer I sold seven of them. Then less then two weeks later the ATF contacted me to inform me that he used a fake drivers license to purchase them. It turns out he was purchasing them for a Montana cult called the Church of the universal and triumphant. The ATF confiscated a buttload of firearms all purchased under a false ID from several dealers around the Pacific Northwest. The fake license was so good that only one dealer realized the address was an industrial park that had no homes anywhere close.

Then two weeks later the FBI shows up at my work asking about the seven 50 cals I transferred. They were turning up in Northern Ireland and being used by the IRA. At that time the only civilian manufacturer of a 50 cal was in Tenn. They were trying to pin down who was exporting them and since I sold seven at one time I was probably very high on the list. I told them the seven were allready in the hands of the ATF.

That whole episode was a nightmare for me even though I did nothing wrong. It was soon after that mess that I decided it just was not worth getting wrapped in cult and illegal arms exporting investigations and did not renew my FFL. I have never been a fan of walking through a rose garden and comming out smelling like sh&*.

Here is the story: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DEEDE173BF93AA35752C1A96F948260

Another 50 cal video of a ricochet and one lucky bastard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I've been wanting to get a carry permit for some time now. I've been through the hunter training course, but that was 20 years ago. My dad and brother are hunters, and they don't usually hunt with other people-drinking and stupid behavior irks all of us, especially with firearms. I've shot their rifles and muzzle loaders, and my brother has a .45 (something big) that kills me to shoot. I can't seem to get them to help me figure out what sort of sidearm suits me. I have a .22, I'd like a slightly larger hunting rifle, and I want a handgun.

Is it true that some Glocks can fire with just the hammer being pulled back and the trigger not being pulled? My dad used to preach about how unsafe they were, and I'm kinda thinking that's just hot air.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius
    What exactly does a normal person do with a PAIR of handguns? Besides shoot a place up Matrix style?

bro.......... you gotta have a spare........... or one for your girlfriend to carry

Is it true that some Glocks can fire with just the hammer being pulled back and the trigger not being pulled? My dad used to preach about how unsafe they were, and I'm kinda thinking that's just hot air.

bro....... glocks dont have a hammer......... at least not an external one. the glock has no safety beyond the trigger safety........ now you can have your glock modified to have a safety but they gotta cut your gun so if you do that to one be SURE he knows what hes doing. they do sell these little plugs that fit UNDERNEATH the trigger and they work KINDA like a safety as they SNAP into place and snap out and probably get lost. not something i would like to try in a life or death situation......... tho i feel perfectly safe with a glock if its in a holster that covers the trigger guard. a person can even have the trigger pull increased from 3 to 5 lbs to make it harder to pull the trigger "accidentally" we call those NEW YORK TRIGGERS.

an alternative to the glock is the springfield armory XD ........ they are very much like the glock....... but they have the added benefit of a grip safety kinda like the 1911.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit