I can laugh about it today, but....

by delilah 17 Replies latest jw friends

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I never buy a car now that I can lock without the key! That way I cant lock my keys in.

Worst story, I once locked my keys in the car in the ignition, with one of my babies sleeping away peacefully in his car seat!! I was hysterical, I dont know why, cos he slept through the WHOLE thing. After about half an hour a kindly soul 'jimmied' the door for me, rather worryingly easy, and I have never been so glad to squeeze my baby.

So moral of the story, now I cant physically lock my keys in my car as I need them in my hand to work the remote!

Poppy

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

That is exactly the reason I carry my remote in my pocket. My 2 yr old is forever going into the garage and locking himself and the keys in the car. But now that he can turn on the ignition, the keys come out too!

momz

• delilah
    delilah

I'm lucky if my meds start to work within 20 mins or so, THEN I can go to work. Otherwise, I'm throwing up and right in bed, no noise and in the dark...that only happens about once every 3 or 4 months, thank god!!

I'm sure that set my day off in the wrong direction, lol. I keep a second key, in my wallet, dumb me!! I never thought I'd go and lock the whole kit and kabootle in the car.I still don't know where my husband's keys are, he insists there here.

PoppieR, I can honestly say, that I'd be freaking too....good thing the baby was sound asleep, oblivious.

Shell, you want some snow??? We are supposedly getting another system come through tomorrow...about 32 cm of the stuff....gotta get my boys ready to shovel....and make sure I have enough change in me pocket, lol.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

ok first off....... get a spare key made that will open the door....... dosent matter if your key has a chip in it........ your not trying to start the car just open the door to get the keys that WILL start the car........ drill a larger hole in the key.

now go to your licence plate...... unscrew one of the screws that hold it onto the car........ makeing sure that the hole you drilled into the key is big enough for this screw to go through it........ then put the key behind your licence plate and put the screw through the plate AND the key.......... now you will only need a screwdriver or something to unscrew that screw with and you will always have access to your car............ the key is BEHIND the license plate........ so no one else is the wiser

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I'm always leaving my kids in the car. ha! But I've become an expert with the slim jim I have in the back hidden under the bumper. It's been said I could make a killing if I changed professions.
  • mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

hahahahaha!!! oops..I meant I'm always leaving my KEYS in the car......

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Delilah, sometimes all you can do is cry or laugh...hope today is better.

I have locked my keys in the cars a couple times.... Hubby knows of 1. tee hee hee....

• delilah
    delilah

Primitive, thanks for the great idea!!

4mylove, thanks hon. TodayWAS a much better day!!

I'm always leaving my kids in the car. ha!

hahahahahaha, Mentalclearness...glad you changed it to keys, lol...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit