I can laugh about it today, but....

by delilah 17 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

yesterday was a crazy day!! I woke up with a wicked migraine, took my meds, and went to work. At noon, I took my husband to work and it was snowing like crazy...so I drove slowly...As I turned the corner, in the country, my car started to slide, and we did a complete circle, coming very close to hitting a hydro pole. When we came to a stop, my husband and I burst out laughing, as were other drivers who were looking at us as they turned the corner.

So I dropped him off, and drove home. I got out of the car, opened the back door to get out a cable receiver I was supposed to return, and the remote control slipped out of my hand and went under the car. I carefully went around the door, so as not to close it,( because I had set my purse and the receiver back on the seat, D'OH!!) scooped up the remote, and I hear, "click".

OMG!!! The car was locked up, with my purse and all my keys in it. I've never done anything so stupid in my life! I was so angry at myself, I went into the house, slammed the door, which caused my basement door to fall down...hubby has to put new screws in it....so I stomped downstairs and put more laundry in. Went upstairs, cried my eyes out, poured a coffee, then called my mechanic...he sent a tow truck driver round to help me...they all laughed and told me that they've done it too. The driver said he's done it twice to 2 of his clients, while the car was running.

So I didn't feel so bad after all, and I could then look over the events of the day and laugh. Anyone else need a holiday like I do??

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Locked the keys out...in Canada!! Bruuuurrrr {stamp feet} that's not good! Tommorrow you may be a winner!

• UU Now
    UU Now

I'm impressed you can take your migraine meds and go to work. I take mine and go to bed. Don't get me wrong, they help, but I'm still out of action for at least a couple of hours.

The migraine may explain why you locked yourself out, actually.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I did that to myself so many times when I got my first jeep (cheroke), that I had a third key made that I kept in my left pants pocket at all times. Once I did that, I had no problem, and I only used it a few times.

• JK666
    JK666

I am just glad that you were home when the door locked, and you were not locked out of the house! It would have been a real cold day!

JK

• Tara
    Tara

I locked my pocketbook and keys in the car, just once. I had just gotten my license, was 16 1/2. I had to call my dad to come with his keys. He was not pleased. I learned that lesson quick. LOL.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Oh god delilah I dont know how you managed to go to work with a migrane, even with the meds. The rest of the day sounds like it just added insult to injury!

Thank god you didnt have an accident when you went into a slide. I did a similar thing on a dual carriageway in Leeds once - fortunately all the cars were going REAL slow, so when they saw me start sliding everyone just stopped and watched me spin round real slow and slide towards a crash barrier. I was so lucky, the car stopped about a fingers width away from the barrier!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Oh god delilah I dont know how you managed to go to work with a migrane, even with the meds. The rest of the day sounds like it just added insult to injury!

Thank god you didnt have an accident when you went into a slide. I did a similar thing on a dual carriageway in Leeds once - fortunately all the cars were going REAL slow, so when they saw me start sliding everyone just stopped and watched me spin round real slow and slide towards a crash barrier. I was so lucky, the car stopped about a fingers width away from the barrier!

• shell69
    shell69

I'm jealous..... SNOW!

Luck you

• changeling
    changeling

I'm glad you're ok and you came out with your sense of humor intact.

Have a great today!

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit