For any who were raised a JW...

by rache31 40 Replies latest jw friends

• rache31
    rache31

Do you find that most of the ones you grew up with left? I looked around while still active and saw numbers dwindling from my generation. I pioneered while in late teens/early twenties and several from my class that were friends of mine left years ago. I run into people now and discover they too have stopped. What about you guys?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Actually my generation mostly stayed, but the ones right after me (the younger brothers) all left.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Virtually everyone in my peer group has left. When I was a teenager there was a group of 15 of us - there are 3 left in.

Most my age left.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Most of the ones around my age that grew up in the religion as well left before I did. I'm one of the last in my age group locally to walk away from it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Most around my age left

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

It's a mixture. My sisters and I left, as well as a few of the others. I think more stayed but I'm totally out of the loop that way. Since most of the people I knew my age moved around it's hard to say.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Just about everyone in my age group or that I hung with while growing up has left. I can account for only a handful that are still in.

• DJK
    DJK

Most from my age group left after I did. I have run into a few and they turned out to be the coldest, unfriendliest people I have ever met.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I often wonder about this. I left at 18 and I have no idea if anyone else left or not. I never kept in touch with anyone except for 1 friend that I ran into a couple of years ago. He's still in, loyal dub but seems to be a liberal dub Just when I think I've said something to make him think, he comes back with "where else would I go"? *said with a whine and a pouty face* And then I just want to slap the $&%# out of him.

Something about hearing "where else would I go" from a 48 year old man just irritates the crap out of me. Sorry for the rant, back to topic now

I would like to know if any left and where they are in their lives now

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit