THE MAN RULES

by freydi 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Well I think it's about time MEN had equal rights to women!!! For too long they have dominated us with the wingeing and whinning and complaining...Us men need a revolution. Bring back the 1950's I say. "Get my slippers girls and BAKE ME SOME DAMN MUFFINS."

• Vivamus
  • Tara
  • Dansk
    Dansk
    Ian, Glad to have been of assistance in restoring some order.

I'm on the sofa for gooness sake! Ian

• freydi
    freydi

Be strong. Remember it's just like camping. LOL

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Freydi,

Well, I didn't have to sleep on the sofa last night

But I think that's because Claire could put her freezing cold feet on me when I'm in bed with her

He He He, she's out shopping at the moment (looks over shoulder) so I can write what I like

Ian

• bem
    bem

Ian I noticed you "sent the Rules to Claire and didn't wait till she got home to read them to her or give them to her wuz you being a brave little coward or sumthin??

This is so cute A MANS LESSON

Dear Diary,

Remember during our first pregnancy we decided that whether the Good Lord blessed us with a boy or girl didn't matter, that the real important factor was that the thing be human and take after my side of the family? Well, we welcomed a wrinkled, pink and pudgy little girl to our family and I was ecstatic. You see, I had written a list of benefits to having either a boy or a girl, and actually, the benefits to having a girl far outnumbered the boys'.

I looked at it like this; I'm a guy. I do guy things. I think like a guy, I act like a guy and I feel like a guy. If I had a son that would be wonderful, but would my consciousness expand, would I gain new knowledge or understanding, would the guy in me grow? Whereas, if I had a girl, well, I could see how they do it from the beginning. I could come to understand girl things, girl traits, girl stuff. Yeah, I thought that raising a girl would help me to understand women.

Which brings me to this morning some three years later, when as usual, my daughter and I are brushing our teeth together. We are standing quietly in front of the sink, looking into each others eyes in the reflection of the mirror. My mouth full of toothpaste as I cherish the moment, and her, scrubbing her little white teeth with a Tweety bird toothbrush. When in the calm, loving morning with the orange sun shining through the window, she takes her brush out of her mouth and in her tiny voice asks,

"Whatcha thinkin' about?"

Well, the toothpaste shot out of my mouth and sprayed all over the mirror as I choked. I must have missed something.

She was normal when she went to sleep but she woke up different. She woke up and asked the classic question. The question that no matter how a man tries to prepare himself he always fumbles with the answer. 'Whatcha thinkin' about?' Not only did she ask the classic question, but she asked it at the perfect moment. A moment of overwhelming emotion!

With that one question she joined the sisterhood. The members are her mother, her aunts, her grandmothers, all the girls I had ever been with (both of them) and women everywhere. 'Whatcha thinkin' about?' My daughter is evolving into a girl and I am still as stupid as a stump. No keen insights, trade secrets or expanded consciousness for me, just a house full of girls (we had another) that will grow into women whether I understand or not. Doubled over with laughter, toothpaste all over the place, trying to catch my breath I gave the classic guy response,

"Nothin', honey."

-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,-*"*-.,,.-*"*-

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Ian I noticed you "sent the Rules to Claire and didn't wait till she got home to read them to her or give them to her wuz you being a brave little coward or sumthin??

(Looks over shoulder, Claire's not about). Of course I'm not a coward I just, well, have to be careful. I mean, I wouldn't want to upset my dear wifey, would I (actually, I didn't fancy sleeping on the sofa).

Ian

• bem
    bem

Good one Ian, so sofa sleeping/camping out wasn't appealing eh?? Glad Claire gave you a break seeings how you were under the influence of the apostates at jwd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit