Ex-JW - How Many Think About Gangsters

by BBOARD 15 Replies latest jw friends

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

I know this may sound strange to some but lately, virtually every week has gone by with me daydreaming myself as a gangster/gangsta. During conversations with my non-JW associates it is strikingly clear that I really, really know more about the Yakuza, Cosa Nostra, Bloods, Crips, etc. because I do. I even think I am one of the few that knows (to the best of my knowladge) about the full story to the foudning of the Crips and Bloods.

Actually this is nothing new for me or the young men in my congregation. But the trip is if you saw me on the street you'd probablly think nerd or schoolboy esp. with my semi-straight hair combed neatly to the side "JW Style" You all here know I was raised as a JW under tight rules ... well I am not the only one. What you would never know is that Brother Chisim's son, Sister Burell's Son, Sister King's Brother, etc... Hate to say it but almost all of the males rasied in the truth from "youth up" in my congregation (Crenshaw Congregation) that left ended up either not being able to cope and either mentally broke down or sought "real tough male companionship" that they never got (and thus acted like "wussies") until they joined a gang (the most local being the Crenshaw Mafia Bloods).

I guess we were tired of the repression that we all obviously had from years and years of JW induced repression and shyness and that being "down for a set" was the quickest way to release inhibitons and recover. Tyrone van leyen said "The degree of rebellion reflects the degree of repression." I am now a firm beliver in that.

FYI I am one of the few young JW's left (one of only three young men in the hall to be exact) who is both in college full time, striving for a Business BA by 21, and no longer belives in the WTS's BS. Ya'll know ALL OF MY FAMILY is still in. Mind you there are plently of young females ... but young males are scarce.

Am I alone in this fantasy ... I am still young ... I could make it into a reality ...

Just Kidding

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Well, if your in college, on your way to a BA, and no longer believing the JW crap, it sounds like you're thinking pretty good. So now, what are your dreams? What turns you on? Find out and pursue it.

• Nulite
    Nulite

Nothing wrong with keeping it real

NL

• rache31
    rache31

BBOARD, please keep yourself in school and push yourself to achieve greater things. Unfortunately for most of us raised as a JW, our sense of self-esteem and confidence was stripped down at the meetings. I think that you will find yourself thinking a lot better when you leave. And this doesn't mean you won't love and respect your family who is still in. I personally wanted to respond because people of color lose a lot of their men to violence. Don't want to see that happen to anymore of our young men. Keep doin what you're doin baby..

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Welcome

I went to the hall on Manchester and Main, baptized in Lemerit Park before Marla Gibbs purchased it. My best friends were Ja-Hoovers and from Main Street. My best friend / pioneer partner was shot and partially paralyzed in his early 20's. It was crazy going in field service. We had Hoover, from Florence to Manchester, all of the Hoover sets. I was a pioneer at 13 YO and went to the Wash-House. Our territory was in Fremont HS area. I remember playing ball at Bethune JHS one Saturday with about 20 witnesses and about 20 or 30 cars of East Coast Crips tried to run us over. Those were actually very fun times. It is crazy but we were never scared. Even now in the burbs I have no fear. I think my inner-city background has spurred me to success in life. I have traveled to many places and laugh when people say it's not safe there. I have went all over the country and take that edge with me. I go to a few country bars in Texas just to see the surprise on the cowboys faces. Me and my wife make a trek to College Station, Texas every year for a training class and we line dance at Hurricane Harry's.

I hope you get your degree. Never give up. Fortunately I am successful despite not going to college. FYI, do not stop at a business degree, supplement it with something else, i.e. engineering...........

How do witnesses / your congregation view you going to college?

FIGHT ON!!!

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    I even think I am one of the few that knows (to the best of my knowladge) about the full story to the foudning of the Crips and Bloods.

FYI-My brother went to Bret Harte and Washington with Tookie.

Some witnesses were in gangs when I grew up. My group was not into that. We were A-students, but could not go to college. I was fortunate to find a great career job and do well. I was hated because as a pioneer, I said I wanted to get married, have many children and buy houses. It is funny because NOW, most of my friends are attempting to achieve the things I wanted at 18. Two of my peers are still elders, several others moved to Moreno Valley. I am not sure on their status.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    Am I alone in this fantasy ... I am still young ... I could make it into a reality ...

Gang banging is for idiots. At Washington, during Iran-Contra when every neighborhood had a DD millionaire it was crazy. Kids drove to high school in Beamers and Benzs. The Freeway Boyz would pay thousands for kids to drive across the country. NONE graduated. Death or Jail was the eventuality of them all. For the Lords to have free reign, most were given up to crooked cops.

Unfortunately in the black community stupid behavior is condoned and glamorized. Fortunately, my parents encouraged me to excel in everything. After I peaked as a witness, I knew my career was the next route to excell in. Unfortunately for me, college was not an option. I think things worked out better anyway.

Stay focused on school and making 6 figures afterward. I would suggest getting a good witness wife though, just my opinion. At 18 I was the magazine servant and the older women would fight to get their literature. A young man with a good income in South-Central was gold, back in my day.

Now it's all about my children's sports, my wife and my JOB.

Remember, just because the witnesses are NOT real, it does NOT mean God is not real.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Go to school stay out of the gangs. They keep the lights on all night in jail and you have to guard your booty hole.

College and education is the ticket.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yeah i had a time going to pioneer school in little rock................. of course they want you to go out in service RIGHT THERE ARROUND THE HALL..................... which was soooooo totally in the hood. after 5 pm you just DONT anymore. walking past doors with shotgun patterns on them lol. guys rolling dice in the street. was an eye opener for me.

• avishai
    avishai
    I guess we were tired of the repression that we all obviously had from years and years of JW induced repression and shyness and that being "down for a set" was the quickest way to release inhibitons and recover. Tyrone van leyen said "The degree of rebellion reflects the degree of repression." I am now a firm beliver in that.

I agree somewhat, but joining a gang with "codes" and enforced dress codes, rules that tell you who you can and can't hang out with, where you can and can't go, and the threat of shunning (at the least) if you leave is'nt really that rebellious, is it?

Seems to me that it's outta the frying pan, into the fire, people who are used to following orders just finding another system where human life is little valued. Not "tough" at all. And, I used to live in L.A, and N.E portland, and other areas with severe gang activity, so I'm not just someone spouting about how gang's are bad. I KNOW they are. Gang members murdered an ex girlfriend of mine. 5'1" and 99 lbs.Five big tough skinheads wrapped her in barbed wire and kicked he to death. I've also been jumped by gang members. Lot's of them against me.

Most gang members would'nt stand up to the pimple on a tough man's neck. Gang's are for pussies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit