Ex-JW - How Many Think About Gangsters

by BBOARD 15 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

This is'nt a personal slam against you, BBOARD.

Any Jw that comes out and goes to college get's props from me.

• avishai
    avishai

OK, I'll get off my high horse now...

Uhh, BBOARD why do you think JW's are attracted to gangs?

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    College and education is the ticket.

I believe in education.

Barbie Doll

• restrangled
    restrangled
    know this may sound strange to some but lately, virtually every week has gone by with me daydreaming myself as a gangster/gangsta. During conversations with my non-JW associates it is strikingly clear that I really, really know more about the Yakuza, Cosa Nostra, Bloods, Crips, etc. because I do. I even think I am one of the few that knows (to the best of my knowladge) about the full story to the foudning of the Crips and Bloods.

Cut it out. You sound much smarter than what I have just quoted above by you. So you find yourself infatuated with gang history. Have you looked into the history of their jail time?

You are daydreaming about dealing drugs and going to Jail. PUUULEASE!!!! get a grip.

You are working on school, which most of these loosers never have the opportunity to do.

I think you may be watching too many stupid music videos, or have just lost sight of what you actually have in front of you.

Don't be another moron in the streets of our cities. Make a difference with your education.

r.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I know this may sound strange to some but lately, virtually every week has gone by with me daydreaming myself as a gangster/gangsta.

The nice thing about daydreams is that you never lose. You don't go to jail. You don't get your ass kicked. You don't get shot.

Before I joined the JWs I learned the hard way that real life is much different.

W

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    Don't be another moron in the streets of our cities. Make a difference with your education.

I mentor at Washington, Fremont and Inglewood HS (in the LA area) and this is a prevelant mentality in many schools. Some students are great kids but have the desire to be a thug. As mentioned, it is glorified by videos and the NBA in some cases.

Recently in Orange County, CA a few very wealthy thugs killed a fellow surfer over stupidity. The killers had formed a GANG and regularly intimidated people in the area. Everyone lived in homes valued over a million dollars.

It is cool to belong and follow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit