Confused and upset

by Matilda Wormwood 15 Replies latest jw friends

• shell69
    shell69

Tildy,

you may well have to do some greiving, its, sadly, part and parcel of exiting the borg.

But we'll be here for you in those troubling times.

And at the end you'll feel so much stronger.

Many (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Shell69

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hiya sweetheart.

My advice, speak directly to the judge. Share your poem. Share who you are. Shut the rest of the courtroom out, all the witnesses and opinions and loyalties and expectations, and be you. This is your moment to shut everyone else out and tell the judge what you feel from the depths of your heart.

Judges are amazingly good at cutting through the crap.

• poppers
    poppers
    I just want to stop feeling like I don't know who I am Will that ever happen?

No, not if your sense of self is dependent on things outside your self. "Who you are" is something beyond any allegiances created in the mind. You are creating a sense of self based on who you know rather than "what" you are. If you had no friends you wouldn't be any less than what you really are. Can you find that? Can you investigate and find out what you really are?

• Gopher
    Gopher

((Matilda)),

I just saw this and my thoughts will be with you on Tuesday.

Because of your good nature and strength of character (although you may feel a little weak now), it seems to me this will all work out IN THE END. Like Jgnat said, if you appeal directly to the court official (is it a judge or referee?) that official should try to work in your favor, because the "child's interest" should be paramount in court.

But even if there is a setback and things don't turn out exactly right, I hope you will view it as only a temporary setback. In the end (after time), you will have your freedom and will be able to go where you want. The way to "make everything right" is to be patient and know this will work out in the end.

Like Vivamus said, you won't be able to please everyone. Sometimes you have to be a bit self-protective when people (like Omega) withdraw support. That will happen in life -- some friends you only have for a short while, and others are forever. It takes a while to sort out who's who, and it's not always easy.

I really like what Mrsroller said -- that they can't hurt you unless you let them. No matter what happens, you can be strong. Here's a video with a song for you: "Stand Up and Be Strong" by Soul Asylum. I hope you like it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKRGa8aBxSw

You might be right
    You might be wrong
    You might just think your life has gone on for too long

Your knees get weak
    And your heart grows cold
    And you're tired of doing everything you're told

And nothing can take away from you
    What you take and what you've been through

Stand up and be strong
    Stand up and be strong
    It won't take long
    You can't go wrong
    Stand up and be strong

You might have to fight
    You might have to cry
    You might have to cry
    You might have to fight
    Stand up and be strong

If you live in the hills
    You take too many pills
    If you've lost the thrill
    Against your own will
    Stand up and be strong

And nothing can take away from you
    What you take
    Well you know what you've got to do

Stand up and be strong
    Stand up and be strong
    It won't take long
    You can't go wrong
    Stand up and be strong

If you get all depressed
    When you get undressed
    If your life's a mess
    Remember you're blessed
    Stand up and be
    Stand up and be

Stand up and be strong
    Stand up and be strong
    It won't take long
    You can't go wrong
    Stand up and be strong

Stand up and be strong
    Stand up and be strong
    You can't go wrong
    It won't take long
    Stand up and be strong

• bem
    bem

((((((((((((((((((((MW)))))))))))))))))))))))) Keep doing what your doing, continue to talk about,write about and work out the things you are going through, it will keep you afloat atop the problems and anxiety, what are burdens now, and the way you handle these crisis in life will make you the person you become in life. Don't take it all on alone. Regardless of age we work on problems and situations all the time, your on the right path to dealing with what comes along.

Sending my best to you in dealing with this situation.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

She reports to me a feeling of utter emotional exhaustion, weariness, somnolence....

I advised her to getr the fire in her belly, stand in front of a mirror and tell 'em off for all they've done.

I don't know if all of you know that Tildy here is the daughter I wrote my ass headed brother this letter:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/148566/1.ashx

Wherin I enumerate his gross errors in detail. It's long, but clears up so much about tildy and is worth it.

Also Tildy, you can read it again if you need the spark to restart the fire of outrage.

Meanwhile, we're all here with you, and the whole Point Crew is turning out in your support when you go before the county commissioner and plead your case.

I know you will do awesome.

We love you.

Uncle RD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit